Front end clunk when turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a JDM 92 HZJ73 and need some help. I have a clunk coming from the drivers side (it’s right hand drive). I found where it is coming from but it it ripped on the back side so won’t take much grease. Can I replace the bushing? I’m not sure what it’s called? Here is a pic. Thank you!

F0430686-BB9A-4E63-A525-F6271036151B.jpeg

Hello,

This is a good chance to replace all your tie rod ends. They look tired.

Juan

Yep, give her some love buddy! At least a clean, fresh rubbers and grease. There is always the possibility of 'factory clunk' ,really uncool in parking lots. Comes from the design of / and old leaf springs, especially during wet weather. Fair bit of horizontal force gets put on those front leaves when turning, especially driving slowly and fully turning. In the end for me, after replacing all suspension, clunk went away with new springs. Mechanic mate pointed out fatigue stress created from steel repeatedly being bent and bent back, does snap eventually..
I recommend the dobinsons greaseable anti inversion shackles, the grease nipples are supplied shrouded by hollow nuts for protection.

Fwiw we stock both a drag-link rebuild kit and full tie-rod-end kits for that model @ Cruiser Outfitters

For example the kit:

Or the complete end kit:

Already ordered the part but thanks for mentioning cruiseroutfitters. I bought my lift from cruiseroutfitters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom