Friend looking at Delica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a friend looking at a gas Delica. Anything to look out for? Value of a ‘98 with 120k?

Thoughts?
Should I steer him away from gas?

I gather the Diesels are slugs... opinions?

I know it’s not a cruiser... but don’t know any other JDM owners.

They seem to be pretty solid especially the gas versions. My aunt overseas had one that kept going and going no issues she had a 1995 and at over 200 km. She had to give it away to two guys who asked for it- not nicely while holding guns in about 10 years later. with What Gas engine is this delica ?

I’d like to learn more about the Diesel engines version

I think the later 4M40 intercooled turbo diesel ones are pretty decent with good power. The early 4D56 had some of the same overheating cylinder head issues that the 2LTE had, and were gutless too.

Don't know much about the gas ones.

You could talk to John at Rocky Mountain imports .. his shop services and provides alot of parts to the ones driving around town. ..

Thanks guys...

The friend has decided to pass on that one and look at a domestic full sized f150 supercab 4x4 now.

Thanks guys...

The friend has decided to pass on that one and look at a domestic full sized f150 supercab 4x4 now.

Smart move! Even I'm tempted to move in that direction. I like the new coyote 5.0 v8 in those trucks. Better economy and 4x the power of my diesel.

Smart move! Even I'm tempted to move in that direction. I like the new coyote 5.0 v8 in those trucks. Better economy and 4x the power of my diesel.

On his budget, it won’t be a coyote... economy will suck, but parts are abundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom