Fresno to Sand Hollow Road Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am looking to drive up to Sand Hollow Utah for some 4 wheeling and hiking in Zion maybe hit up a stop or 2 in Death valley on the way back. i am currently planning the route out. im looking to go end of March begging of April. i should know exact dates in the next week or so. i am looking for some cruisers to tag along!!

The trip should be 4 to 5 days. Going to suck it up the first day and make it to gooseberry mesa to camp should take 8 to 9hrs depending on stops. The second and third day we will explore sand hollow should be an awesome time! We will be camping at Gooseberry Mesa its BLM land and we can set up were ever we want. On the 3rd day the plan is to get up early and hike angles landing in Zion state park and maybe the subway. 4th day drive to calico ghost town do some exploring and camp it’s a 4 hr drive. The 5th day head home the trip will be a total of 1150 miles.

Some of the trails im looking at Sand hollow
1. Double Sammy
2. West rim
3. The maze
Calico
1. Doran loop and Odessa Canyon

zzzzzzz.png

Sand Hallow is a lot of fun, I was just there for Winter Jamboree.

Hit me up when your on your way. Depending on the day of the week I would be down to meet up and hit some trails with you.

Cool, I will be free that weekend. I am going to hit the west rim trail this afternoon with some friends.

i would love to live closer!! post some pics!!

20210225_173336.jpg
20210225_182158.jpg
20210225_182956.jpg
20210225_162625.jpg

Awesome trip other than losing a brake line going up one of the obstacles. It would have been a buthole pucker factor lever 9 if the cruiser didn't make it up, but everything worked out and I made it back with a field expedient repair....

20210225_175811.jpg

Looks like fun you will have to show the way

Sounds like a plan

Honestly I hadn't been up there in 4 or 5 years. A lot has changed. It used to be a giant free for all with no trails really marked. I was very surprised to see they have done a lot of signage work for different trails and naming obstacles. The winter 4x4 jamboree has really changed the area, probably for the better.

@leonard_nemoy thanks for the heads up. @ROUGE92 My wife and i are staying near Hurricane and would love to connect at the park for a day of wheeling. We just arrived and there is much to explore. Looks like i need one of them fancy whip things for the LX.

Good point SHREG, all vehicles are requires to have a flag at Sand Hollow.

@ROUGE92

Are you still planning your trip to Sand Hollow?

Cool, let me know the exact dates. I might still be able to meet up.

Well I will be busy on those days so I won't be able to meet up with you for any wheeling. But feel free to hit me up if you need any help while your in town

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom