FOUND IT!: spray can plastic paint to match Tan Oak Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I spent a week and several trips to the auto paint store to find the right color to match the Tan Oak interior color. I used SEM plastic specific paint in the color "Monterey". It's almost a perfect match

It's the color that matches the center console, shift console, and all the door and quarter panel trim in an LX450 and 40th. I'll post a photo when I get them off my phone

Yeah I bought a similar color and it didn't match the plastic. I somehow ended up with a dark brown center console from a early 80. I'm painting it to match the LX interior. Figured I'd share the color as its the right one for refinishing any of the plastic bits

Here is a photo of the center console I just painted. The chang/cupholder thing on the left is the color I was trying to match. The one on the right was the original (darker) color of the console. Wife agrees its close enough!

IMG_3166.JPG

So is this a match to the dark brown that came on the 92-94? I thought the 80 interiors only came in the early dark brown ,later tan and then gray for all years. Is there more than the 3 colors?

So is this a match to the dark brown that came on the 92-94? I thought the 80 interiors only came in the early dark brown ,later tan and then gray for all years. Is there more than the 3 colors?
Yeah I painted a dark brown one that I bought by mistake to match my LX450 interior

Yeah I painted a dark brown one that I bought by mistake to match my LX450 interior

Sorry to sound like a broken record. But it sounds like you bought a dark brown (the color i need) by mistake. The paint you bought covered the dark brown to a lighter color. Right? I need a paint to match the dark brown. I am thinking i need a paint to match the dark brown that you accidentaly bought. It sounds like you bought a dark brown center consold from a early 92-94 80. Do yoy know if that is right?

Sorry about going round and round with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom