found a hacked wire. help me ID it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in the process of doing the Pin 7 mod. Got back into things and noticed this red wire just crammed down in a little void. Anyone know what this wire that was tapped is for? My factory alarm is history thanks to the PO, so maybe it has something to do with that?
hacked wire 001 (Medium).jpg
hacked wire 002 (Medium).jpg

It looks like it could be part of the alarm. Here's a picture of the whole alarm harness and there seems to be a red with black striped wire as part of the harness. Where does the other end of your wire go?
FZJ80 alarm system.jpg

Thanks Adam, that is a perfect picture. I can see the red wire down towards the bottom of the picture, it goes from the pink/red plug into the wiring bundle. On mine, that pink/red plug has the red wire just ending and stuffed up in a corner. I'm not going to worry about it then.

I meant to post these earlier but I got side tracked by schoolwork. Damn college :rolleyes:

Looks like it is the lamp control wire for the alarm. It would flash the lights when you locked or unlocked the truck with the remote.
Alarm FSM-1.jpg
Alarm FSM-2.jpg
Alarm FSM-3.jpg

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
Alarm FSM-4.jpg

Answers like this are what make this Forum so awesome. Happy Thanksgiving all.

What a great vault of information!! Thanks again guys. Since i don't have an alarm system in my truck anymore, i'm not going to worry about it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom