Found a FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats where it went! I saw it on the local CL and was a little sad to see it was being parted out. iMHO, since it is missing the drivetrain and many parts, but is relatively solid (not so much for a west coast rig, but more solid than many 2007 rigs back east), it is a great candidate for a tasteful restmod keeping the exterior all original. Not like you'd be destroying an all-original FJ25, quite the opposite as you are saving it.

Good luck keep us posted

Thats where it went! I saw it on the local CL and was a little sad to see it was being parted out. iMHO, since it is missing the drivetrain and many parts, but is relatively solid (not so much for a west coast rig, but more solid than many 2007 rigs back east), it is a great candidate for a tasteful restmod keeping the exterior all original. Not like you'd be destroying an all-original FJ25, quite the opposite as you are saving it.

Good luck keep us posted
It is actually very solid for a northwest truck too. No rust holes at all. Surface rust only. Only hole is in the front left hand side vent panel where someone ripped off the jerry can holder and it peeled the metal back. Other than that is is very solid and I am glad I saved it from being parted out. Hard to find THESE rare original trucks, and this one is definitely worth restoring. I do wish it had the original drive-train though.

I would have to agree. It is pretty clean. I have too many projects now, so I need another like I need a hole in my head. I just wanted to save this when I saw it.

I will sell it or I will keep it, and shove it in the corner until I have the time for it.

I'm glad to read this. It is too solid to part out and I would love to see this one restored. I'd buy it from you but I've got a LV to restore myself. Great find. I'm glad you grab it.

I forgot that I never posted any photos of my 1960 FJ25 once I put it back together and cleaned it.

20180120_153931.jpg

View attachment 1818076

20170816_094046.jpg

Good find, one more out of my honey hole (Southern Oregon)
Have you ever been to Eagle Point?
It's much more like an African savanna than what most picture the Northwest to be. The winters are kinda wet but hot and dry for a good part of the year.

Good find, one more out of my honey hole (Southern Oregon)
Have you ever been to Eagle Point?
It's much more like an African savanna than what most picture the Northwest to be. The winters are kinda wet but hot and dry for a good part of the year.
Actually in 1995 I went to Medford, Oregon to meet a girl. She took me up to a a rocky high cliff overlooking a savanna type area. Not sure if that is it, however I have a photo

Actually in 1995 I went to Medford, Oregon to meet a girl. She took me up to a a rocky high cliff overlooking a savanna type area. Not sure if that is it, however I have a photo

Yep same area. You may have been on table rock or Roxanne. Kinda neat in the spring but hot and dry as hell in the summer.
Cool rig man. I am glad it went to a good home.

That aged and layered paint is just sweetness! I love it just like it sits!

That aged and layered paint is just sweetness! I love it just like it sits!
Thanks. I like you love the paint. Others, not so much. It's a tough call. I really want to put a diesel in it and keep the patina. We will see if I have the guts to spend that much on it without painting it

That paint has more character than my rig's paint did. If that were mine, I might try to keep it also. Full-on paint job is time consuming and expensive.

Thanks. I like you love the paint. Others, not so much. It's a tough call. I really want to put a diesel in it and keep the patina. We will see if I have the guts to spend that much on it without painting it

Paint it. Time goes by so fast, you will have your own Patina.

I may be projecting, but hand strip off that white, take it back to its spring green to match those wheels. There's your patina.
My 1-'64 had pins left and right on its barn doors.
Is that an OEM gas can carrier painted by Mr. T?

Last edited:
That paint has more character than my rig's paint did. If that were mine, I might try to keep it also. Full-on paint job is time consuming and expensive.
OK, somebody find two rich buyers for Arne's auction so this can be his patina restore, to stock even. Otherwise we may loose him to another Porsche.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom