For Those Who Like Rear Mudflaps - Removable Rear Mud flaps - DIY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I always liked the look of Andrew Whites 79 Series with the rear mud flaps so I modeled these after his design, although his are permanently mounted. I wanted to be able to remove mine as needed. These are removable in less than a minute each if needed. All that's needed is a 13mm wrench. I originally ordered a set of Aries Removable Mudflaps but as it turned out they are no longer in production so I made my own version.

Rear Flaps 003r.jpg
Rear Flaps 002.jpg
Rear Flaps 005r.jpg

More pics:

Rear Flaps 006r.jpg
Rear Flaps 007r.jpg
Rear Flaps 008r.jpg

1 More

Rear Flaps 004r.jpg

In case you are wondering, the rubber glued on the mount bar is just to protect the powder coating of my Slee bumper when I remove and install the flaps.
The tie chains keep the flaps from getting sucked up into the wheel wells in mud,etc.

Last edited:
I know this is old, but any way you can give some more details on how you made them. I think this is a great idea.

Are these something you will make and sell again? I need a rear mud flap option that will pair up with my BIO rear bumper

I know this is old, but any way you can give some more details on how you made them. I think this is a great idea.
I'll post up more info later today. I'll go out and take some measurements. I also may have a few more pictures showing more detail.
Are these something you will make and sell again? I need a rear mud flap option that will pair up with my BIO rear bumper
No, I don't plan on making them at this time. Installation of the bolt on frame plates is not easy. It required tools most diy'ers probably don't have such as right angle drill, short drill bits, lots of perseverance, etc. If there turns out to be a demand for them maybe I can come up with a way to make that part of the process easier. Welding the plate to the frame would be the easiest solution, but there you go again, most people don't have a welder either.

Nice execution! What size are the flaps you used? Source?

Thanks

This is so cool, made my day! I love seeing this kind of ingenuity, scratch building something to your exact personal specs. Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom