Folding 2nd Row Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i am shopping for a LC, coming out of a 1Gen Sequoia. During my most recent test drive of a 2016, i wanted to see how much cargo room there was with the 2nd row folded. Besides the annoying giant screens in the way, when i folded the seats forward and flipped up, the only way they would stay that way was if the front seats were moved all the way forward, rendering it undriveable. Am I missing something? Is folding only the 2nd row seat backs the only option? Appreciate some perspective from 16+ owners.

So i am shopping for a LC, coming out of a 1Gen Sequoia. During my most recent test drive of a 2016, i wanted to see how much cargo room there was with the 2nd row folded. Besides the annoying giant screens in the way, when i folded the seats forward and flipped up, the only way they would stay that way was if the front seats were moved all the way forward, rendering it undriveable. Am I missing something? Is folding only the 2nd row seat backs the only option? Appreciate some perspective from 16+ owners.

There are straps and hooks in small notches in the bottom of the seat. When the second row is tumbled forward, these grab the handles on the b-pillar and will hold the seat forward very effectively whatever the position of the front seats.

One more reason by 2018 (or 19?), Toyota wisely stopped forcing US LCs to have those goofy, pre-tablet monstrosities...

When movie-playing, independent tablets can be had for less than 1/10th the price of those screens...someone at Toyota was stuck in 1998...

If I were you...I would look into the screen-removal mods that some built a couple years ago and get rid of those screens.

Meanwhile...consider ARB style drawers if you don’t need the third row. This will allow you to use the full length...by folding the 2nd down...but not tipped forward.

Thanks for the tip on the drawers. I assume the top of the drawer box is level with the 2nd row folded?

Thanks for the tip on the drawers. I assume the top of the drawer box is level with the 2nd row folded?

Yes. The second row folded angles upward slightly toward the front, but is flat enough to sleep back there.

Curious to know what the length is from back of 2nd row to door? Long enough for long gun storage?

I measured mine the other day, was trying to see what size air matress I can get. It was around 74" long and 54-56" wide and thats leaving just a bit of space

74" from back of 2nd row seats to to the inside of rear hatch? Wow, I would have guessed maybe 50". Maybe you meant from the back of the first row....

74" from back of 2nd row seats to to the inside of rear hatch? Wow, I would have guessed maybe 50". Maybe you meant from the back of the first row....

Measured at closed lower tailgate with tape extended into rear of 2nd row at approximately the same height. 2nd row was not in its most rear location, they’re forwards on tracks, reclined position.

JJB, thank you for sending an actual measurement, awesome.

Using the 2nd down folded down (but not up against the front row) in conjunction with drawers give me over 80” for sleeping.
7CFBCC41-B83E-4C65-B080-64E5F4AB3D0C.jpeg
F05B2E27-2A75-4277-87E8-CC6D88C934CB.jpeg

If you get a chance, can you please measure the diagonal dimension inside your drawer?

Long ways (front to back), across the bottom of the drawer corner to opposite corner. |/|

My measurements mimicked the image @Markuson provided. I had both 2nd and 3rd folded flat and took the measurements essentially from back of driver seat to closed gate.
When I read you question I took it as 2nd row folded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom