Fogs in stock bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's try to get those pics just a teensy bit BIGGER next time, shall we? :eek:

bkgiii-

Nice work. I like the look of those larger rectangles than the ones I used. &nbsp:Did you consider taking out the verticle cross members completely (doesn't appear you can see them in the pic) this allowing them to set back in the housing instead of sticking out the 1"?

Byron....yeah, I did consider that. When I 'dry fit' them, I was able to recess them completely by reversing the brackets, but was a little concerned about them being TOO recessed and thereby obstructing the beam ...they ended up with the lens completely behind the vertical cross members. I also thought that possibly lens heating might melt that plastic. I get better adjustment with them as they are mounted now. SO, all of that, plus not really wanting to modify the brackets too much more, led me to this option....I'll just have to stop 1" shorter from now on.

Last phase of this install is to swap out the factory fog switch (Slee's) and use a rear heater switch instead..allowing switching from either the low beam headlight circuit or manual override.

Bkgiii (what DOES that stand for :D?)

They look really good. How is the light pattern, do these pump out some nice light? In addition, would you mind posting a profile (side) shot?

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh:

I'll take a side profile and post it when I get home this eve...(a smaller one, C-Dan, as requested)
I'll need to find some mud somewhere first, though, so as to avoid JUNK-y criticism from certain members .... :-[

'BKG'=initials, III=3rd.... ;)

Also, Hugh, take a look at my 'ground switching' post...talk to me.

Thanks, Kit (the 'K' in BKGIII)

Here's the side view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom