1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flywheel cover removal

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Cuerno Largo, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Cuerno Largo

Cuerno Largo SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    When removing the flywheel cover, how do you get to the 2 bolts uder the cover? Do you have to take off the clutch and flywheel first? Thanks.

2. Cuerno Largo

Cuerno Largo SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Used that search thingy and it was mentioned to rotate the flywheel to get to the bolts. My oil pan is removed and I can get a wrench to them. They are lossened, but I can't get them all the way out. I'm going to try rotating the flywheel. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

3. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    If you mean remove the bellhousing, there are 4 bolts under the flywheel. Maybe there is a way to get ot off without removing the clutch and flywheel....but I can't figger it out;)
    Even with all the bolts out you cant get the bell housing off if the flywheel is still bolted up.
    The clutch inspection cover should be easily removed. I guess I am not sure what you are trying to take off. Terminology thing?

Ed

4. Cuerno Largo

Cuerno Largo SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Got it off with only a few curse words. Ed is correct. Just in case this is searched for by someone later, there are 4 bolts under flywheel. 2 bolts on outside. Had to take clutch and flywheel off. Then the bellhousing / flywheel cover came off. WAAAYYY EASIER that way. :D

I looked in all of my manuals, but could not find a picture of where the bolts were so I just started taking it apart.

Thanks.

5. SD_FJ_40

SD_FJ_40

Just a few curse words? I had the joy of a siezed engine, you can't get the clutch off without turning the crank, there were more then a few choice words for that job. :mad:
    So far that has been the only real pain in the :censor: doing a F Engine to F Engine swap.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">