Floor Mat Recommendation <revisited>

You know you are near the end of a restoration when you start concerning yourself about floor mats. I am shopping for a floor mat set for a 68 FJ40.

I have an original Toyota floor mat now but it has a few holes in it and I ripped it pretty good taking it out. They are in good shape but alas have the dry rot.

Recommendations?

THANKS!

dgangle

total rice

I put a CCoT molded mat in my 75. It fit somewhat good. I didn't have many options. I ordered it uncut for the shifter so I could cut my own. It doesn't say Toyota on it like the stock mat but it worked OK.

nuclearlemon

not an addict

scrub your oem mat with a nylon brush and westley's bleach-white, then soak in son of a gun (the tire foam works best for floor mats)...keep applying until the rubber is more pliable. for the worn sections, find a junk floor mat and cut sections out, rubber cement to the original mat.

Thanks for the advice and it'll work but a sanppy new mat would be better. Way too much $$$ put into the this resto to patchwork the mat back together. 20 years sitting in an unheated barn did do a number on all of my rubber. I think I'll go with the aussie mats that CCOT has.

Top Bottom