Floor Mat Recommendation <revisited>

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by trekker, Jun 17, 2005.

1. trekker

trekker

You know you are near the end of a restoration when you start concerning yourself about floor mats. I am shopping for a floor mat set for a 68 FJ40.

I have an original Toyota floor mat now but it has a few holes in it and I ripped it pretty good taking it out. They are in good shape but alas have the dry rot.

Recommendations?

THANKS!

2. dgangle

dgangle total rice

I put a CCoT molded mat in my 75. It fit somewhat good. I didn't have many options. I ordered it uncut for the shifter so I could cut my own. It doesn't say Toyota on it like the stock mat but it worked OK.

3. trekker

trekker

4. dgangle

dgangle total rice

looks like the CCoT. I'm not sure about the water-holding carpet one though. IIRC, looks to be more $$ than the CCoT

5. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    scrub your oem mat with a nylon brush and westley's bleach-white, then soak in son of a gun (the tire foam works best for floor mats)...keep applying until the rubber is more pliable. for the worn sections, find a junk floor mat and cut sections out, rubber cement to the original mat.

6. trekker

trekker

Thanks for the advice and it'll work but a sanppy new mat would be better. Way too much $$$ put into the this resto to patchwork the mat back together. 20 years sitting in an unheated barn did do a number on all of my rubber. I think I'll go with the aussie mats that CCOT has.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.