Flexible fuel bladder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering, has anyone ever used a flexible fuel bladder type setup to extend their range as opposed to going with the hard tank types? If so, whats your set up?

Interesting idea. Especially if you could make it fit in the original spare tire space. John

We used to use 'em in a certain aviation outfit...of course they were for JP4/8 and came with quick disconnects so they could be kicked overboard when they were empty.

Would be nice to find something that would work in the back of an 80 that could be plumbed to just dump into the main on demand of the operator - no screwing up a sending unit, pressure sensor, etc...

We used to use 'em in a certain aviation outfit...of course they were for JP4/8 and came with quick disconnects so they could be kicked overboard when they were empty.

Would be nice to find something that would work in the back of an 80 that could be plumbed to just dump into the main on demand of the operator - no screwing up a sending unit, pressure sensor, etc...
If you could fit it up in there, you would only need to add a small transfer pump to send it to the main tank. John

Got an idea for a trnser pump?
I would think about any decent electric pump would work. I wonder if it could be plumbed into either the main filler neck or a fuel/vapor return line. It would not need to be hi volume or hi pressure just to move it a couple of feet. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom