Flash to pass high beam works but not the actual high beams! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all ,

Strange thing happening on my '03 - high beams don't work when you push the stalk forward. When you pull it rearward the flash to pass high beams + low beams work like normal.

I do have one issue that is currently unresolved and that is that my dome light fuse keeps blowing. I looked at the EWD diagram but wasn't able to figure out the connection between dome light fuse and high beam.

As you can see from the EWD, flash to pass connects the terminal HF from the body ECU. I need to understand what is HF as it is not in the abbreviation list.

1671652482184.png

Interested in the answer to this as my '06 Sport is doing the same thing.

Interested in the answer to this as my '06 Sport is doing the same thing.
This is interesting, do you have any other fuses that are blown by any chance? In my case, I think the dome light fuse maybe contributing to this issue but haven't had the desire to really confirm it. When I need my high beams, I simply pull the stock towards the rear and drive like that. Lazy, I know but the temperatures outside haven't gone above 40's 😡

I haven't worked on the issue because the head gasket is blown on the 1GR-FE V6 and I have been trying to correct it. The head gasket had been replaced at some expense about 3 years ago, and it started leaking again. Took the heads off and they are nice and flat. The engine block is warped and there is about .005 clearance that the gasket can't tolerate. Once I get the block decked and back in the 4runner, I will tackle the high beams.

I haven't worked on the issue because the head gasket is blown on the 1GR-FE V6 and I have been trying to correct it. The head gasket had been replaced at some expense about 3 years ago, and it started leaking again. Took the heads off and they are nice and flat. The engine block is warped and there is about .005 clearance that the gasket can't tolerate. Once I get the block decked and back in the 4runner, I will tackle the high beams.
Wowza, that sucks the big donkey Wang 😡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom