FJ80 Gauge Fuse Blowing Intermittently (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been trying to hunt this down for about 2 years. I have an intermittent problem with the gauge fuse blowing. Each time it happens it just resolves itself after I pull things apart for half a day or so, but I really would like to get this taken care of once and for all.

FJ80 with stock harness except for splicing for supercharger install. First time I noticed the problem was pre-supercharger install. Second time I jiggled the harness the hae harness going over the valve cover. Third time i moved the wires around from the tow harness and it resolved itself.

Any ideas that would lead to this intermittent issue or where there might be a common place where a short may occur?

For guys that have ordered the JRP Multi Gauge Base Pack what size EGT 3 or 4mm?

I have been trying to hunt this down for about 2 years. I have an intermittent problem with the gauge fuse blowing. Each time it happens it just resolves itself after I pull things apart for half a day or so, but I really would like to get this taken care of once and for all.

FJ80 with stock harness except for splicing for supercharger install. First time I noticed the problem was pre-supercharger install. Second time I jiggled the harness the hae harness going over the valve cover. Third time i moved the wires around from the tow harness and it resolved itself.

Any ideas that would lead to this intermittent issue or where there might be a common place where a short may occur?
Please include the year of the vehicle in your description.
The GAUGE fuse powers a wide variety of items.
AC PRESSURE SWITCH
ABS ACTUATOR
ABS RELAY
AC AMPLIFIER
ABS ECU
AIR INLET CONTROL SERVO
BRAKE FLUID LEVEL WARNING
BLOWER SPEED CONTROL
CDL CONTROL
COMBINATION METER
DASH COOLING FAN
CRUISE CONTROL
DLC 1
DIFF LOCK ECU
DOOR LOCK CONTROL
ECU
ECT
FUEL SENDER
OIL PRESSURE SENDER
OD SWITCH
NSS
PARKING BRAKE SWITCH
REAR HEATER
REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
REVERSE LIGHTS
SEAT BELT WARNING
L4 POSITION SWITCH
NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH
TRAILER SOCKET
SPEED SENSOR
WATER TEMP SENDER
DEFOG RELAY
HEATER RELAY
POWER RELAY

Tracked the wire and turned out to be an extra loop of wire at the relay box in the kick panel.
IMG_1756.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom