FJ62 Raffle-Donation to Rescue Tellico Fund (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
The Georgia Cruisers will be doing our part with the Rescue Tellico fund. Beginning in mid June we will start selling raffle tickets for a 1989 FJ62 to one lucky winner. All (100%) proceeds will be donated to the Rescue Tellico fund and the legal battle being waged to defend our access to Public Lands.

Tickets are $10 each and will be available for purchase both online and at various events in the southeast. Currently these events include: GSMTR, Coal Mine Classic, Beasley Bash, Ga Cruisers Annual Picnic, Toys for Tots. More events will be added in the coming weeks.

Up to date FJ62 Pics

The drawing will be held at the Toys-for-Tots Event in early December. The TOTS event is held every year at the Varsity Restaurant in downtown Atlanta and this year we have at least 4 other 4WD clubs joining us. The winner will be contacted immediately and posted on this forum and the website.

You DO NOT have to be present to win the raffle.

In addition, we will be soliciting donations and contributions from other clubs and 4WD oriented vendors and organizations to assist us in the truck buildup and the battle that has become so pivotal to us all.

:bounce:PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE NOW:bounce:--Online Sales is now CLOSED

Payment via check
Georgia Cruisers 4WD Club / FJ62
c/o
Stewart Hamilton
PO Box1428
Lithonia, Ga. 30058

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

attachment.php

The excitement is spreading, Connecting threads:
GA Cruisers Fundraiser for Rescue Tellico - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
GA. Raffle FJ62 - WC Forums
FJ62 Raffle Truck - Rising Sun Member Forums
https://forum.ih8mud.com/nc-olde-north-state-cruisers/287352-save-tellico-raffle.html
Rescue Tellico--FJ62 LandCruiser Raffle - Expedition Portal Forum
Tellico Fund Raiser Raffle - TTORA Forum
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sc-upstate...ico-win-truck-details-inside.html#post4496639
Trails - Events - Expeditions - IH8MUD Forums
North Carolina 4x4 Forum
Win a TOYOTA Land Cruiser and SAVE TELLICO - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
TLCA---Save Tellico Land Cruiser Raffle
SFWDA---Southern 4WD Association

Last edited:
Following up with Ted's post, below is a list of parts that we know we will need for the 62. This list will change and grow as we get more into the project, I am sure. But, here is where we will keep the needs, wants and haves. If you would like to donate part that are on the list, please contact us at FJ62@gacruisers.com.

We intend on keeping this a family friendly mild wheeler.

UPDATED 8/23/09

NEEDS:

OTHER:
Windshield
[STRIKE]rear wiper arm[/STRIKE]
seat covers/upholstery
[STRIKE]turn signal shroud (silver) for both front turn signals[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]front turn signal lenses and rubber[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Water Pump[/STRIKE]
rear bumper
rear headrests
[STRIKE]dimmer switch on dash to the left of the steering wheel[/STRIKE]
rear passenger ashtray
front passenger wiper arm cover
[STRIKE]suspension (springs, shackles, pins, shocks, etc.) - stock or minimal lift BIGGEST PRIORITY - Wehave rear heavy OME dakar springs and new u-bolts for front and rear. We still need:[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Front springs[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Shackles[/STRIKE]4Wheel Parts
[STRIKE]Pins[/STRIKE]4Wheel Parts
[STRIKE]shocks[/STRIKE] 4Wheel Parts
[STRIKE]bushings[/INDENT][/STRIKE]4Wheel Parts
inner/outer trim rubber for doors where the windows slide through
transmission skid plate
windshield
[STRIKE]front valence[/STRIKE]

WANTS:

[STRIKE]winch bumper (instead of stock bumper)HAVE[/STRIKE]
first aid kit
other safety items
heavy duty rear bumper (instead of stock bumper)--donation arranged, if it can be modified to fit (LC Hamma). If someone has a 60 Series specific bumper that they will donate, that would be preferable.

HAVES:

[STRIKE]rubber for front side marker lights, R and L[/STRIKE] Tom
[STRIKE]front bumper -- (donation arranged - Kennesaw Mtn. Accessories [/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]radio antenna -- (donation RECEIVED- Radio Ridge) [/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Rebuilt Transmission A440 (donation RECEIVED- Atlanta Custom Creations) [/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Hoses and belts -- (donation RECEIVED- Cottonland Cruisers)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]T-Case Rebuild Kit --(donation RECEIVED- Ben Garcia)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]PS Pump --(donation RECEIVED- Rick Arflin at RALPH HAYES TOYOTA)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]thermostat (new in box) --(donation arranged - boombapslappy)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]synthetic winch cable --(donation RECEIVED- k9crazy)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]winch and cable--(donation RECEIVED- Olde North State Cruisers)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]tires (33X15.50X15) - (donation RECEIVED- BFGoodrich)[/STRIKE]
New battery cables (donation arranged - Urban LandCruisers)
[STRIKE]fairlead--donation RECEIVED(ArmyTaco)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]battery--donation arranged (J. Treadway)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]tow strap--donation arranged (Offroad Outfitters)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Rock Sliders--[/B](Rock Solid Offroad, Denver CO)[/STRIKE]
tree saver--donation arranged (Offroad Outfitters)
[STRIKE]fire extinguisher--donation RECEIVED(lt1fire)[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]"High Jack lift"--donation arranged (TKINZE)[/STRIKE]

And of course, we will take MONEY if that is what you would like to do. All funds will be put into the truck and all proceeds will go to SFWDA's Rescue Tellico.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as the winner of a Built 62 from the Rising Sun folks and the Colorado 4wd association, this is an awesome idea and I think it will bring alot of attention outside of the east coast as well. Good luck and I cant wait to see it come together.

I will be buying some tickets... I may also have a fire extinguisher here at the wherehouse you can have.

I have a new roller fairlead you can have for it. Just pay shipping or have someone come get it from Macon... Actually just give me an address and I will cover shipping. SAVE TELLICO:clap:

Ted call me or text me with an address and I will send it.

I have a new roller fairlead you can have for it. Just pay shipping or have someone come get it from Macon... Actually just give me an address and I will cover shipping. SAVE TELLICO:clap:

Ted call me or text me with an address and I will send it.

PM Sent

It looks like it already has a heavy duty front bumper. :idea: Can we modify it to fit the donated winch? Looks like it just needs some outriggers to pull it forward. I have a Gordofab Engineering rear bumper w/ a Hi-Lift mount, spare tire mount, receiver hitch, oversized base plate mount & it's plumbed for an air tank. I'd have to cut off the ends cuz it has FJ40 tail lights designed into it. Also would have to make another license plate attachment. No biggie, I'd just hafta take some measurements from the FJ62.

Do we need to bring our own fab tools for the workdays or is ACC providing welders, grinders, drills, etc.?
DSC00293.JPG
DSC00294.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like it already has a heavy duty front bumper. :idea: Can we modify it to fit the donated winch? Looks like it just needs some outriggers to pull it forward. I have a Gordofab Engineering rear bumper w/ a Hi-Lift mount, spare tire mount, oversized base plate mount & it's plumbed for an air tank. I'd have to cut off the ends cuz it has FJ40 tail lights designed into it. No biggie, I'd just hafta take some measurements from the FJ62.

Do we need to bring our own fab tools for the workdays or is ACC providing welders, grinders, drills, etc.?

Do you happen to know someone who can custom fab the rear bumper to fit? :flipoff2: thanks for the donation!!

In regards to build day, someone has graciously volunteered to organize the build days so he will be handling the details, stay tuned.

My biggest concern is making sure the tailgate can open when the tire carrier is also open & doesn't block the 62's tail lights. I'll need to check how heavy duty the metal is on the 62 to bolt this assembly to. I'll leave the wiring duties & repainting to you :flipoff2:

I also have a SOR grill guard if we can get a square tubed front bumper. The bumper I have is light duty & doesn't have a winch mount. The grill guard fits an FJ40 but we can measure to see if it'll work for this 62. I have the side bars, that run along the front fenders & tie into the frame, which could be modified to fit or new bars bent up. How about some sliders? I don't have any but it ain't too much work to bend some up.
DSC00281.JPG

Last edited:
My biggest concern is making sure the tailgate can open when the tire carrier is also open & doesn't block the 62's tail lights. I'll need to check how heavy duty the metal is on the 62 to bolt this assembly to. I'll leave the wiring duties & repainting to you :flipoff2:

The wiring is a build day issue, again he will love me saying this but I'm dumping this on him (nameles for now but will soon be revealed). In regards to paint, happy to say we have a body shop on board for cosmetic work!!!!:clap:

Awesome! You can count on my donations and I'm sure I can convince Rising Sun to back you on this project as well! Thank you guys for doing this!

Front and rear bumpers would be pretty easy to fab up
Simple and functional would be the way to go. would you like me to get
a list of materials together and costs for accessories :beer:.

Front and rear bumpers would be pretty easy to fab up
Simple and functional would be the way to go. would you like me to get
a list of materials together and costs for accessories :beer:.

Thanks Ben, Looks like we may have a rear bumper taken care of from LCHamma and the front might be usable unless there's a donation out there that is a better solution (Hint Hint folks!!). It's a Smittybuilt bumper that simply needs a little work.

As far as sliders, we're trying to keep this truck mostly stock and with a few modifications. that said, if you have some sliders and they bolt on then absolutely we'll take 'em.

Update: Hendog and I delivered the truck to Atlanta Custom Creations today. I've read a lot of good things abut these guys but I have to say I'm very impressed with their dedication to our sport.

Not only are they assisting us with the mechanical work but they have now offered to give us their ad space in the Toyota Trails magazine for the next 2 months. Absolutely Fantastic.

if you guys are anywhere near Atlanta and have work that needs to be done to a Toyota truck from Oil changes to complete restorations they are definitely the place to go!!!

just make sure the spindle is far enough out so the tailgate drops down.
the tire will not interfear with the lights....as long as you mount the tire high enough.

where do i ship you a set of sliders? 62 right?

jim

just make sure the spindle is far enough out so the tailgate drops down.
the tire will not interfear with the lights....as long as you mount the tire high enough.

where do i ship you a set of sliders? 62 right?

jim

Thanks Jim, you kind offer is much appreciated. Ship to address on web page below! Sponsors and donations will also be honored on the page as well.

raffle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom