FJ62 - OME Lift Installed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About driveability with stock gears and 33's, use the search function to find threads such as this one: https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/135441-fj62-33s-what-gears.html

For offroading and driving hills, I think you would want lower gears. From my experience with 31's and stock gearing, there's no way I'd go with 33's without lower gears- and my driving is almost exclusively on pavement.

Rear Lift Too High

I had a OME lift kit installed for my FJ60 a couple of years ago up in Montana. It rides very smooth. My only complaint is that the rear of the vehicle is up higher than the front. I want the vehicle & roof level with the road. (I've marked the levels best I can despite my photo not being dead-on even.)

Since I'm not a suspension expert, what exactly do I change to lower the back end an inch or so? Is this a matter of just buying and replacing a shorter shackle? Or does it involve more. I'll get a shop to do it but I wanted to know what to ask before I open myself up to misdirection. Thanks.
fj60rearshackle.jpg
fj60sideshot.jpg

you could take a leaf out of the rear packs. This would make your payload capacity less though. You could also do a shackle inversion up front to lift the front up and inch or so. OME are made that way so when you are loaded down the sit level. I just removed a leaf from the back and it helped. I can hook a trailer loaded with a couple commercial mowers to it and it still doesn't go past level. Even with the leaf removed that are more stout then i would ever need.

Do a search for "stinkbug" as that's a commonly used term on here for that ass-high stance.

Why not install a longer shackle? orignal is about 8cm, but can swap them over to 12 cm. That will lift your front app. 2 cm.

Why not install a longer shackle? orignal is about 8cm, but can swap them over to 12 cm. That will lift your front app. 2 cm.

great suggestion. your only about a year and a half late

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom