FJ62 fuel pump module screw sizes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
Two PO’s ago someone tried to put the wrong screws in the fuel pump module.

Some are clearly wrong but stripped in place; others are broken.

What is the right metric size and pitch? I get one shot to fix this and extract those screws, I want the right ones to go in.

I can order the right oem ones, I would just like to find a set locally to fix the smell now.

90159-50157

Haven’t given up hope for a local source. I can likely have an oem part by Wednesday.

Leaning towards just doing it right right way.

B08F702B-9E1D-41A3-877D-F3B414F9026F.jpeg

I have the tap that i use for making fuel pump module adapter plates . I am not in my shopright now maybe in about 30 minutes i can get you the info your looking for

Thanks. I took the truck for for another drive and topped it off at $4.22 a gallon. I can’t be leaking it out.

I want a bumper sticker for all my vehicles that says “normalize vehicles that leak fuel.”

M5x.08 pitch ? My young eyes are old.

Thank you so much.

I just went out to the truck and betwen the hole the guy cut in the floor to redo the fuel pump and the leak from the screws, it smells like fuel badly.

Tomorrow will be a fun day of going to all the hardware stores I can.

Thanks. I took the truck for for another drive and topped it off at $4.22 a gallon. I can’t be leaking it out.

I want a bumper sticker for all my vehicles that says “normalize vehicles that leak fuel.”

here you go Alex

it's 100% Period Correct FJ62LG-PNEA too ..........

80046E2F-FBDD-489E-8918-50AE696ABD7D.jpeg

1647158959258.jpeg

Last edited:
The screws for the fuel pump are M5 x 0.8, but the ones for the level sending unit are M4 x 0.7.
That explains a lot. Those holes had tried to have the m5 bolts installed.

I did a new sending unit from @arcteryx and he included the right screws. That helped a ton.

Also, the holes do not go into the gas tank. They just go into the metal ring, which is then welded to the tank. That makes cleaning/tapping the holes quite difficult.

Also, the holes do not go into the gas tank. They just go into the metal ring, which is then welded to the tank. That makes cleaning/tapping the holes quite difficult.
I didn’t know that!

I was going to just run it in a quarter turn and keep the tap greased to catch the junk and clean it onto a paper towel.

Going back to re-read all this because there's a good chance this is in my immediate future. Lucky me. Maybe Kaylee will surprise me with a not-so-messed-up fuel sender installation. The PO clearly didn't mess with this, ever. Not sure about the two owners prior to him.

@tmxmotorsports, a few clarifiying questions: do you sell those taps, or was that just show-and-tell for the right tap size? And are you saying that the Ace Hardware hex-head screws can be substituted for the OEM? I already know I need to tap out one bunged-up set of threads, for the passenger side rear view mirror. Starting to think I might need to tap out at least a few of the fuel sender threads as well. Bracing myself to buy OEM screws if I have to, but going to Ace Hardware would be a very nice alternative. And I'll need at least one of those taps anyway.
Kathryn and Kaylee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom