FJ62 destruction --> turbo HZJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I mentioned it, here's a pic of the 62 at the Lone Warrior Rock Art camp at Cruise Moab. We did the San Rafael Swell run with Kurt and Wasatch Cruisers.

This is the truck in 2 person road trip spec. It is now in expedition spec with the roof rack, because I added a sweet halo of bright RGB LED strip lights all the way around the rack, on a wireless control. :) Too bad it doesn't have audio mode like the VisonX rock light controller does. Instant disco.

Anyways, right, Moab.

630.JPG

(Devil's raceway/racetrack?) following Kurt's 74.
643.JPG

662.JPG

The FJ62 case has 18 teeth.

33403-69195N=18, MARK 18:6

This is an '84 FJ60, which matches an '80 FJ40.

33403-69075N=16, MARK 16:6, N=16

Yes, and the ring gear on the output shaft to match.
(33481-60060N=6, MARK 6:15-17)

The bold part was the key thing in my mind. Thanks for the reference Ken!

Yes, and the ring gear on the output shaft to match.
(33481-60060N=6, MARK 6:15-17)

now you got me .. I though only plastic gear was the only part necessary to be replaced ..

curious, how did you hookup your tach to the IP connector? is there a module that converts the signal from the IP to make it compatible with the OEM tach? i see that you have a VDO tach now, but how about when you had the OEM tach?

also, do u have details as to exactly which turbo u used and all the associated parts? is that a 1hd-t manifold you used?

Tinytach works off sensing pulses in the injector lines. The pickup clamps onto an injector hard line and a wire runs to the control box. That's not a tach in the center of the cluster, it's a pyrometer.

Turbo info is in the first couple pages of the thread. The exh manifold is an HZ with an adapter made to match up with the turbo- pics on 2nd page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom