FJ62 Cruise Control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a '90 FJ62 that has dealer installed Rostra Cruise Control that is disengaging randomly and sometimes when the window or turn signals are operated. I'm undecided if I should try and fix the current unit or start over with an entirely new system from Rostra or Dakota Digital. Any recommendations?

I'm running the stock 3FE motor and stock transfer case with H55 manual trans.

i have a dakota digital kit (and it's very similar, if not the same as rostra) with a similar issue. mine would disengage when i turned my lights on or if i used my turned signal.

what ended up resolving my issue was a loose wire in the turn signal/wiper stalk. i initially replaced the stalk with a different one and it worked right away so i went back and cleaned up the old one and it fixed the issue.

hope yours is something as easy!

i have a dakota digital kit (and it's very similar, if not the same as rostra) with a similar issue. mine would disengage when i turned my lights on or if i used my turned signal.

what ended up resolving my issue was a loose wire in the turn signal/wiper stalk. i initially replaced the stalk with a different one and it worked right away so i went back and cleaned up the old one and it fixed the issue.

You had to remove your column shroud to get at all the wires correct?

Did you install the DD kit yourself? I'm planning on ditching the old Dana kit in mine once I eventually convert to Speedhut gauges (for the GPS speedometer), install a DD kit and plan to use a Toyota speed sensor to send the signal to that. Thinking it'll significantly clean up the overall setup and be much more reliable than my ancient vacuum actuated system.

You had to remove your column shroud to get at all the wires correct?

correct!

Did you install the DD kit yourself? I'm planning on ditching the old Dana kit in mine once I eventually convert to Speedhut gauges (for the GPS speedometer), install a DD kit and plan to use a Toyota speed sensor to send the signal to that. Thinking it'll significantly clean up the overall setup and be much more reliable than my ancient vacuum actuated system.

i didn't... i had a shop do it for me. i initially started out doing it on my own but it was slightly above my head. i highly recommend the dakota digital kit. haven't had any issues with it and it holds speed fairly well

I’m installing a Rostra cruise control unit at the moment. Just wondering how you guys have attached the cruise cable to the throttle cable. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom