fj62 cooling fan

Visit site
there's a cooling fan on the fj62 that still runs after you turn the vehicle off. anyone know how many amps it draws? I'd like to use one for another project and i need to get a resistor/fuse, but dont know what size.

RockDoc

I'll take Bruce Vilanch for the block.
Visit site
I bet you'll have to rig it up with an ammeter and some jumper wires to find out. I doubt this is something anyone has looked into.

Ming89FJ62

Pig farmer extraordinaire
GOLD Star
Visit site
The carb cooling fan has two circuits. The power for the fan comes from the ignition circuit (15 amp) while the control circuit has a 5 amp fuse. At least that's how the 55 is set up.

btaylorsacto

SILVER Star
Visit site
The cooling fan on my FJ62 never runs. The PO says that it only runs if the engine gets REALLY hoe, but I'm wondering about that. When is it supposed to run? If mine isn't functioning correctly, what are the best trouble-shooting steps take? (I'm basically familiar with auto electric circuts and have digitla and analog multi-meters). Thanks! Bill

Visit site
The cooling fan on my FJ62 never runs. The PO says that it only runs if the engine gets REALLY hoe, but I'm wondering about that. When is it supposed to run? If mine isn't functioning correctly, what are the best trouble-shooting steps take? (I'm basically familiar with auto electric circuts and have digitla and analog multi-meters). Thanks! Bill

Take it out?

You don't really need it on an FJ62. Mines been out for some time now.

btaylorsacto

SILVER Star
Visit site
I dunno. Gets pretty hot under the hood after I turn the engine off. Especially here in Sacramento in the summer! I wonder why Toyota kept in on the FJ62 ??? I would think that they would want to save on the cost of the components if they didn't feel that there was a reason for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom