FJ62/3FE sheared one of the serpentine pulleys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're going to need a new timing cover seal, also.

Hard to tell from the one pic, but is your keyway on the crank snout wallowed out or ok?

For the Harmonic Balancer certainly you can't beat the OE Toyota, but there are aftermarket from Dayco that are under $200 if the price of admission of the new OE is an ouchie. I didn't read where 3_pups said he had a used 3FE pulley, which would be fine, too, if available.

Good luck.

Hard to tell from the one pic, but is your keyway on the crank snout wallowed out or ok?

For the Harmonic Balancer certainly you can't beat the OE Toyota, but there are aftermarket from Dayco that are under $200 if the price of admission of the new OE is an ouchie. I didn't read where 3_pups said he had a used 3FE pulley, which would be fine, too, if available.

Good luck.
The keyway seems intact. Which part would be the harmonic balancer?

Looks like the timing seal is still available direct: 1132861010 - Gasket, timing gear or chain cover. Engine - Genuine Toyota Part - https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota__/Engine-Timing-Cover-Gasket/62991446/1132861010.html

HB is the pulley that disintegrated.

You're very lucky that thing didn't let go at high speed...

Also, you linked to the Cover gasket... The round rubber seal that is around the crank snout is what will need replace.

And you're gonna have to find a new crank nut. NLA from Toyota

1629747262344.png

Last edited:
HB is the pulley that disintegrated.

You're very lucky that thing didn't let go at high speed...

Also, you linked to the Cover gasket... The round rubber seal that is around the crank snout is what will need replace.

And you're gonna have to find a new crank nut. NLA from Toyota

View attachment 2767415
Ah ok so harmonic balancer = crank pulley.

Looks like these folks have a crank nut: https://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39667

Would this be the seal needed? https://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=61917

Those all look good.

If you look on rockauto.com you can get the Aisin fan (OEM) for around $40

The correct timing cover seal is linked above. Looks like below:

1629750610455.png

Good luck.

I do have the pulley, nut and most likely a key, trying not to peddle wares in tech.

the seal can be finnicky in the timing cover, caution is advised, the cover is easy to deform if using extra force

Need a pic of the 'trough' (keyway) that's cut into the snout

Like this:

1629761531597.png

In your other pix it's at about 7 o'clock on the snout if you haven't moved the engine

Alright, after working with 3_puppies(many thanks!), I've sourced the crank pulley/harmonic balancer/crank nut/key + fan blade/shroud. I've ordered a new set of fan belts and an oil seal. Should that be about it for the parts on this job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom