Fj60 clutch upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the clutch is slipping in my 87 fj60. I am going to replace it but would like to know if there are any good upgrades out there that would be better than going back with stock clutch? Lemme know what you guys know.

AISIN or Luk, both at Rock Auto...either for less than $150. Both of these are proven reliable & IMO no need to look for 'upgrades'. If driven properly either will last 100+k miles.

the clutch is slipping in my 87 fj60. I am going to replace it but would like to know if there are any good upgrades out there that would be better than going back with stock clutch? Lemme know what you guys know.

i only use AISIN , I have never seen anything better

Aisin-Seiki-logo-300x90.jpg

My last all Toyota (Aisin) clutch stuff was replaced after 220,000 miles and the clutch disc wasn't even half worn. The pilot bearing was another story- shot.
The pilot bearing will wear out before the disc does if you shift like a gentleman.

Sure, upgrade from a clutch that lasts forever, shifts easily, doesn't wear out your leg, and is Heavy Duty from the factory. And, incredibly, is still available for a 33-year-old truck.

As OSS sez, you can buy the OEM Aisin/Asco for a good price at Rock Auto. However, the TO bearing from Toyota is more robust that the available aftermarket. I'd get that from Toyota. Might consider the shift collar too, as they wear and are available.

Another thing to put on your A list is to check your shifter Dowel pins & Cup Seal for wear , im assuming since u need a clutch

due to mileage , Age & Time u will also need to replace these too , The seal comes from Toyota dealer , the Dowell pins Kit

comes from SOR.com , all well worth the money and time to replace .......

DSCN3478.JPG
DSCN3667.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom