Fj60 brake caliper replacement options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I just wanted to ask your opinion on this matter. I'm working on my first fj60 and realized the front left brake caliper started leaking after a wheeling trip. First off, do you guys think it's fine to just order an aftermarket one such as best brake brand from oreilly? Or is this something that is highly suggested to get a reman oem from a vendor online? Also I've swapped a front caliper before, is there anything different about an fj60 caliper that I should know? Or is it a simple straight forward process? Thanks guys!

7FE87184-20F6-47C0-A396-96CF7EC854DC.png
E28DDA09-9005-478B-BF8B-67AD02013B48.jpeg

A few options on Rockauto. Just make sure the caliper looks correct. I don’t know if the 62’s have different calipers than the 60’s.

If you can find Raybestos Element 3's they're great calipers, new not reman so no core returns, and they're e-coated so won't rust. Rockauto carries them just haven't looked if they have them for 60/62's.

You might search different years on Rockauto to see if the selection changes. Sometimes it does even though the parts are the same.

Brand New OEM Japan-made. Same as when your truck was just born. I believe they come fully loaded ? @cruiseroutfit ?

1595113356893.png

When I replaced my 60 calipers several years ago, my local Oreilly's had remanufacured calipers that had been rebuilt by Cardone which used the same shells as the originals. They looked brand new and very clean. They were quite inexpensive and worked great. No issues at all.

I know that Cardone rebuilt products sometimes get the cold shoulder, but once you go to their website and read about the company - you'll be impressed. They're no rinky dink fly by night rebuild shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom