FJ60/62 Color Chart (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In looking at the graph...it looks like the 'white" goes only through 84. I had an FJ60 manf. date of 10/85 - it was white.

OK, I extended 033 through 1985... the question is, was your 10/85 actually a model year 1986? If so, then I can extend it one more year.

Also guys, the URL for the page has changed to:
Toyota Reference

Last edited:
hmmm...good question.

This vehicle was purchased new in early 86. I always 'called it' an 85, as it was a dealer demo...but technically was probably an 86 model year (??) I'm speculating though. I was only 15 when it was purchased.

I also have a 1987 60 that was good ol' Freeborn Red. Was that color perhaps available in earlier years back to what is shown on the chart?

I also have a 1987 60 that was good ol' Freeborn Red. Was that color perhaps available in earlier years back to what is shown on the chart?

If yours was truly an 87 in Freeborn Red then it most likely was available for 85 and 86 as well. Did you confirm that the paint was original and that the color code on the production plate read 309? If so then let me know here and I will update the chart ASAP.

Has the chart been updated to 'final form' The one in the original post does not accurately reflect the Freeborn Red availability in '85, '86, and '87. This color was available throught he entire life of the FJ60 in the USA.

If it is complete to everybody's satisfaction, I will put it in the FAQ.

No brochures, sorry.

Mike

No, the chart is not in the final form, I am still looking for feedback from FJ60 owners in order to fine-tune it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm not sure if I will ever consider it to be finished, but there will be a point where it will probably be "good enough".

I've extended Freeborn Red through 87, but until I see some evidence that it continued through 90 I'm going to leave the information that I already have up there.

I just bought some paint from a paint shop. I located my paint code on a plate on the firewall. It is a 1986 FJ60 and the paint code is 4E9....metaliac Beige.

Can you tell me the build date of your truck? This could change my chart, since it shows that the 1986 model had 4E8. It looks like I might have it wrong. The build date should be on the same plate, at the top.

Build date: May 1986....I sprayed the 4E9 yesterday and it is a perfect match. :clap:

After looking at different pictures of suspension set ups I realized I hadn't seen any black 60 series cruisers. I'm assuming this could have been a special order item. Has anybody seen one or seen one that was repainted? The cruiser I'm looking at is metalic beige. If the paint is in bad shape (i'm assuming it's bad enough to be repainted for what I am looking for) I am considering going black on everything: body, bumpers, wheels, grill, badges, mirrors, handles, etc...

The chart says that 4E8 was not offered in '86m however mine is a May '86 4E8.
car-4.jpg

Our's is stamped Oct. 1985 it is also 147 color code Silver Metallic. it looks more like Light Blue Metallic according to the chart.

My VIN shows color 857...and mine is original paint and just had it detailed this week so it is VERY close to the underhood, engine bay and door jams....little fading at all actually. Unfortunately, they gave my dad a darker touch up paint years ago so I have these dark blue spots all over where he tried to keep it up...he was convinced it was just seriously faded...LOL I think they gave him 8B2 for a touch up color :(

368817376.jpg

368817358.jpg

kramermic: You haven't seen any black 60-series trucks because black was not an option for US models. If anyone knows any different please let me know and/or post a photo.

fliphkd778: Is it possible that your truck, produced in 5/86 was originally sold as a 1987 model? I'm not sure when the model year changeover happened back then. If anyone else can corroborate that there have a 1986 with 4E8 then I will change the chart.

ginsudan: Can you post a photo of your rig? The photos that I have show a true silver color... I'm interested to see your light blue-ish color.

Brock: What is the production date of your 60-series?

I have a May 1984 FJ60 with color code 861. Light Blue Metallic. It is not listed in 84.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom