fj55 factory p/s (1 Viewer)

The question is in the title but I do have some variations.... So... did the fj55 ever come with FACTORY (fitted in the factory and delivered new) power steering?.... the variation of the question is does 40 series p/s fit the fj55 as a straight bolt on?... I know there are kits that use various components from other vehicles/brands to give p/s to the 55 but the first questions are what I'm interested in.... thnx in advance pig riders...

Sorry to trouble you guys further.... what are the differences between the 55 and 40 systems and are there obvious observable differences.... like one has 3 mounting holes and the other has 4..... the reason for the ????? is I have a power steer setup, including locking steering column, of either the 55 or 40 and I'm almost certain it came off a 55 but anyone I ask in Oz seems to think it couldn't be or it is most likely a 40 modified to fit.... I have from the steering wheel complete to the first ball joint... there seems to be nothing missing or added as if it were a modified..... so that's where I'm at... thnx again.... pix of either would be handy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom