Builds FJ55 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We need more photos! This is one bada** pig!

How are the tires holding up, what's your thoughts about them? I am going to be shopping for tires soon and since Super Swampers are on hold for a while I am looking for some alternatives...

Thanks
:cheers:

Last edited:
Tires

gothodie,

Tires are doing well. The only thing is that the 40" tire from Pro Comp is no longer available, Cooper decided not to make them anymore. As as Super Swamper goes, what tire were you thinking? I know they are still making some tires, just not the LTB's, those are made in China if I am not mistaken. The other tires are about 90-120 days out. I really like the IROK's, might even get some myself. The Pro Comps are great, I just like the look and the grab of the IROK's.

Jaime

Pictures

89yotanut,

I'll snap a few more pictures of the rig. I really like the finished product. Still have some kinks I would like to button up, but I took her to the Hammers and she did well. Only thing is, I thought my driving skills were superb and it turns out that F&R lockers are a must. Have the rear locker, but didn't have the front. So I didn't get to run the trails I wanted... (Chocolate Thunder and Sledge Hammer). I did get to complete Jack Hammer though. The "Moose" did great.

I'll get more pictures up as soon as I can.

gothodie,

Tires are doing well. The only thing is that the 40" tire from Pro Comp is no longer available, Cooper decided not to make them anymore. As as Super Swamper goes, what tire were you thinking? I know they are still making some tires, just not the LTB's, those are made in China if I am not mistaken. The other tires are about 90-120 days out. I really like the IROK's, might even get some myself. The Pro Comps are great, I just like the look and the grab of the IROK's.

Jaime

I'm looking at the 35" 37" range. I really like the Iroks too, or just the old school bias plys maybe. They will be going on a 60 which i hope will turn out to be a good trail rig and be able to drive it to and from the trail rides.

I was under the impression that all of the swamper line was on hold for a while, but 4 months is not bad. I probably won't be ready for tires until late fall anyway.

Oh yea, by the way, love your 55...

I wish i could have found one to build up again. can't find any that are worth much here in the rust belt. I had a 55 about 12 years ago, and out of the 5 or 6 cruisers i have had it was my favorite.

Chris :cheers:

pic of the old pig
img001.jpg

crossmember

Could you please take a few shots of the trans and tranny mounts/crossmembers?
The fiddy5 I am currently working on had no cross members, I am gonna be running a turbo 350 with dual mini truck cases, I know that is not your set up but just looking for ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom