FJ45LV Door Locks??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In disassembling the door mechanisms I was wondering where are the door locks? Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

They lock by using the inside door handle. You push the lever in and forward to lock. The drivers door then locks from the outside handle with a key.

Won more than a few bets asking others to figure out how to lock the doors.

And....pretty much any key will open drivers door, doesn't even need to be toyota

They lock by using the inside door handle. You push the lever in and forward to lock. The drivers door then locks from the outside handle with a key.

I figured that the security of the door locks and latches was minimal at best.

The locks just keep honest people out of the vehicle.

and leaving the 3 on the tree shifter limits theft(mostly to those with a AARP card)

if I recall, the key fits in the rear door lock fairly tight, unlike the driver door

I figured that the security of the door locks and latches was minimal at best.

The locks just keep honest people out of the vehicle.

Ok- anyone have a picture? Apparently I do better with large objects and photos. 🤦‍♂️ So passenger side locks from inside and driver with outside key only?

I have one key, its coded to the ignition(4 digits) , it starts the 45, it opens the driver side(but any key that fits will also turn it) and does the rear gate.

driver side locks from the outside only

other 3 doors lock from the inside only

Ok- anyone have a picture? Apparently I do better with large objects and photos. 🤦‍♂️ So passenger side locks from inside and driver with outside key only?

Here’s my thread.....

@KT40- Ken, do you now have 3 keys: driver door, ignition, and the rear hatch?From Casey’ post, he was showing 2 keys. I’m wondering what the original “factory configuration is. Thanks.

@KT40- Ken, do you now have 3 keys: driver door, ignition, and the rear hatch?From Casey’ post, he was showing 2 keys. I’m wondering what the original “factory configuration is. Thanks.

That's correct. My LV had an aftermarket ignition switch (that doesn't even work) and no door keys at all. I have since purchased a new Toyota ignition switch to replace the cheesy one. Separate key for the drivers door and a separate key for the tailgate. Not sure if original just used one single key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom