Wanted Fj40 windshield visor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help !!!!!!I need to find a windshield visor if you have one please send me a message thank you

$100 shipped

ED6B0C3C-0EB8-44E3-906A-1CD8320C3141.jpeg

C041311E-042B-4CC7-B2B8-D9D610394BC8.jpeg

You can buy these from CCOT. There are two types.

Yes. Three. It’s been a while since I bought my replacement. Thanks.

3AD818FB-CFD4-4DD4-863F-BAC817D8940A.jpeg

Actually 4 hard top headers, early ones did not bolt to the front of the windshield frame. FJ 45’s used interior break over clamps. I wish Toyota used these clamps on the 40’s, would make life easier.
@pardion John, I am restoring my hardtop (setting rivets this weekend), and this got me thinking mine might not be OEM. I have a '67. Is mine aftermarket?

We met a while back when I was looking for some soft top brackets. I'm down the hill from you. Hope all is well.

Josh

IMG_2147.JPG

Actually 4 hard top headers, early ones did not bolt to the front of the windshield frame. FJ 45’s used interior break over clamps. I wish Toyota used these clamps on the 40’s, would make life easier.

Early ones up to 61 were a FJ25. The few years between 61-64 I’ve only see the early front visor that was connected to the hardtop. Statements are regarding a FJ40.

Early ones up to 61 were a FJ25. The few years between 61-64 I’ve only see the early front visor that was connected to the hardtop. Statements are regarding a FJ40.

Not sure there was a strip that was bolted to the windshield until the corrugated top was replaced with the top with corner windows. My 65 FJ45LP-B has latches on the inside and top has corner windows. Do not remember ever seeing that latch setup on a FJ40 with a corrugated top. I picked up a visor off a wreck years ago think it might work on my FJ45 with a later style windshield frame. Both the planned windshield and visor are 78+.

Hi Josh, how are you doing? I remember you. If you want to come up and see the factory roof bows I have come on up. I have never seen a reproduction one so I don’t know the difference.

Because Toyota dropped everything pre 3/69 from their parts system makes harder to determine what might be different. Wondering if the cutouts for the two wiper motors in 66 and 67 might be different than the 68 with single wiper motor? My remaining FJ25 has a 75 hard top on it. It also has the 68-74 wiper motor. Arm spacing is different than those for the vacuum wipers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom