FJ40 VIN # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Aijaz

(1) JohnnyC what do you mean by the sentence (You would use the R (right) version of what you put in with your vin for most parts).

There is a left hand drive and right hand drive version of each truck... Your vin brought you to the right spot .... Just the wrong side :)

(2) My Fj40 is right hand drive. It was sold by Pakistan army. Sorry for delay in reading non-disclosure agreement as it was at the office.

We have other exarmy from Pakistan here on mud... Did you get a hinged windshield truck? We call it a split windshield... Most Pakistan trucks got these... If so this is one of those parts that will not show up in the parts diagrams unless you go back to a pre 1975 truck ...

(3) Following page shows
1984 and FJ40R-KC, so can I use it to find correct part numbers for my Vehicle ?
http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/gr/1984/land-cruiser-40/fj40r-kc/6_781210_077_/tool-engine-fuel

Yes you can use that one for 'most' parts

(4) Following page shows
1984 and FJ40R-KC so can I use it to find correct part numbers for my Vehicle ?
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_G_1984_TOYOTA_LAND+CRUISER_FJ40R-KC.html

Yes you can use that to find 'most' parts... I prefer toyodiy

(5) Is there any toyota global support email address which can provide a solution to my problem.
Thanks very much for the cooperation.

LOL no

They have little concern about our community (land cruiser owners)

That's a reason for ih8mud ... You ask a question (if provided enough information about the problem) and you get an answer... Most questions here can be answered the same day... Toyota gives you an answer ... But... But it usually starts with "sorry" ... and then a few kind sentences about the information and how they cant help ... essentially telling you to go PS (Pound Sand)

Are you a member of the Islamabad Jeep Club (IJC) If so say hi to Ehsan... Haven't spoken to him in ages ... He's a great resource ... Look him up some time if you don't know him yet ... Ehsan Kiani

(1) Cannot understand what JohnnyC means by quote
There is a left hand drive and right hand drive version of each truck... Your vin brought you to the right spot .... Just the wrong side unquote

(2) My Fj40's Wind shield has hinges but has a
single glass !
(3) I am not a member of Islamabad Jeep Club (IJC). I will try to find him to convey your message and get help on my Fj40.
Thanks very much.

There are left hand drive trucks and right hand drive trucks... You need to use the right hand drive version of the parts diagrams not the left hand drive one

Sounds like you have a normal cruiser

This is the reason we like to see pictures.... Then we can tell you what you got instead of taking guesses at what you got :)

... You need to use the right hand drive version of the parts diagrams not the left hand drive one

That explanation doesn't make sense to me Johnny.

Entering FJ40-0371717 takes us straight to the FJ40L-KC and FJ40LV-K model possibilities, both of which are general market left hand drive.

I believe the search has done this despite the database being loaded with information on right-hand-drive models.

In other words, I don't believe right-drive-models were excluded from my search when I entered FJ40-0371717.

If this particular cruiser hasn't been converted from LHD to RHD than I think someone must have entered it's information incorrectly on the database.

:beer:

PS. Sure. The owner can get to a page where they can be fairly sure part numbers will apply to their particular cruiser by entering:
  • General Market
  • Land Cruiser
  • FJ40
  • October 1984
  • RHD
  • etc

But this is nowhere near as helpful or certain as having your chassis code take you directly there.

Last edited:
PICTURE ATTACHED

fj40.jpg

By entering my model # FJ40R-KC in the Search by VIN or Frame # box on http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html I can find my model !
I will attach a picture of my FJ40 when I reach home.

True... (I just tried it and before doing this I didn't know that a model code would work in that box.)

But the EPC should take you to FJ40R-KC when you enter FJ40-0371717 into that same box.

Because it doesn't, I think we must assume the database the EPC is working from has been loaded with incorrect data relating to left-hand-drive versus right-hand-drive on your vehicle.

But carry on... :) You should be able to obtain the correct/relevant part numbers from the EPC by doing it your way and that's what really matters.

please report this problem to website administrator.

On this site FJ40-0371717 is supposed to take us to FJ40R-KC
and nothing more than that.
I thought VIN # provides more information than model #.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom