FJ40 Early Horn Button Repro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THE ADMINS MOVED THIS TO THE SMALL BUSINESS FORUM. I AM NOT A SMALL BUSINESS AND I DO NOT MAKE THESE FOR PROFIT. I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE LEFT AND I AM NOT MAKING ANY MORE!

Thank you to all the folks that helped make this project happen. Just like when I made the FST door handles... this is time consuming and if I ever make more I promise I will let you guys know.

@Birdhead @Splangy @Dynosoar @DSRTRDR @SonofSonof40

I'm making horn buttons and it is slow going. here are three I have right now.
View attachment 1370394
View attachment 1370395

the left silver is cruiser corps - the paint is sold out.

$25 shipped unless it has flaws (the one on the right has some bubbles in the surface though you can't really see them unless you get close - $15 shipped). $10 for a non painted one

please respond to this thread if you want the dark silver (on the right) or the lighter silver (middle)
Hi
Still not making them ? I need one !
Let me know . Maybe you should hire someone to make them , it seems like it has generated a lot of interest.
Thanks

Hi all. I understand these are not available at all. My question is, has anyone had success with bending the little brass tabs that hold the trim ring in place and NOT breaking them off? I broke the first tab and was able not to break the other 2 but I know if I try to bend them back down they will surely break. Tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi guys, i haven't forgot about you and the horn buttons. I want to make more but it's going to be a long time before I figure out how to do it in a way where it doesn't take 5 hours per button. I think the metal retainer rings can be made as well with a simple press. Your best bet if you break the tabs on yours is to just glue everything in place

Thanks Ant. That’s kind of what I was thinking too. Couple small dabs of clear silicone and don’t look back.

Hi all. I understand these are not available at all. My question is, has anyone had success with bending the little brass tabs that hold the trim ring in place and NOT breaking them off? I broke the first tab and was able not to break the other 2 but I know if I try to bend them back down they will surely break. Tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
I may have a few w/ all tabs, are you looking for a complete horn button?

I may have a few w/ all tabs, are you looking for a complete horn button?
No, I think I am good. Of course though, I would purchase a new plastic piece but I completely understand they are not available at this time. Thanks for asking though.

Just finished one, open for business.

Interested what you asking ?
Sorry I put this in the wrong spot, I restore steering wheels . If you have a centerpiece I can have it refurbished as long as it’s not in pieces.

Hi guys, i haven't forgot about you and the horn buttons. I want to make more but it's going to be a long time before I figure out how to do it in a way where it doesn't take 5 hours per button. I think the metal retainer rings can be made as well with a simple press. Your best bet if you break the tabs on yours is to just glue everything in place
Hi. I would be interested in one if you make more.

If you make more I would be interested in one too.

Another member helped me with what I needed, so I no longer need one. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom