For Sale FJ40 1977 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I traveled to Tucson in 2013 and purchased this 40 from a fellow that purchased it from the original owner to re-sell it. I have a copy of original title issued Sept. 2,1977.
Engine totally rebuilt by Grant Simmons, Meridian, Texas, he formerly lived in Wimberly, Texas and has worked on Land Cruisers his entire career. He too is a Mud member. I have receipts for all work performed. He re-zeroed the speedometer and I have 13,600 miles since engine rebuild. I park it in my garage and there is no leaks at all. I drive this 40 every day.
List of additions and features:
Power steering from FJ60
2 1/2" Old Man Emu suspension
55 amp alternator
original Toyota mat in front
engine de-smogged
transfer case rebuilt (checked out & new seals)
transmission rebuilt (checked out & new seals)
new felt and trim on door windows
oem wheels and hub caps
roundeye headlights
new windshield
dash pad
tuffy locking console
new clutch
front and rear brakes and seals
parking brake shoes
33 x 10.50 BF Goodrich all terrain tires (5)
rubber seals on glass oem
rubber seals on roof and body
am-fm radio speakers in back corners (no holes cut)
head liner like oem from CCOT
jack and tools
owners manual
I attended 2015 Lone Star Land Cruiser Roundup and went on the Sunday rock crawl for the non- major modified vehicles and made the April 2015 cover of TCT Magazine. I was also awarded most original 40 at the event. $35k

Here's a video walk around of my 40:

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

Last edited:
I traveled to Tucson in 2013 and purchased this 40 from a fellow that purchased it from the original owner to re-sell it. I have a copy of original title issued Sept. 2,1977.
Engine totally rebuilt by Grant Simmons, Meridian, Texas, he formerly lived in Wimberly, Texas and has worked on Land Cruisers his entire career. He too is a Mud member. I have receipts for all work performed. He re-zeroed the speedometer and I have 13,600 miles since engine rebuild. I park it in my garage and there is no leaks at all. I drive this 40 every day.
List of additions and features:
Power steering from FJ60
2 1/2" Old Man Emu suspension
55 amp alternator
original Toyota mat in front
engine de-smogged
transfer case rebuilt (checked out & new seals)
transmission rebuilt (checked out & new seals)
new felt and trim on door windows
oem wheels and hub caps
roundeye headlights
new windshield
dash pad
tuffy locking console
new clutch
front and rear brakes and seals
parking brake shoes
33 x 10.50 BF Goodrich all terrain tires (5)
rubber seals on glass oem
rubber seals on roof and body
am-fm radio speakers in back corners (no holes cut)
head liner like oem from CCOT
jack and tools
owners manual
I attended 2015 Lone Star Land Cruiser Roundup and went on the Sunday rock crawl for the non- major modified vehicles and made the April 2015 cover of TCT Magazine. I was also awarded most original 40 at the event. $35k
I talked to your wife about your 40 while you were golfing, A couple weekends ago at Legends in SVille. I live in Hamilton. I wish I could have spent some more time looking at it, Its a head turner for sure. She said you were wanting to sell it for an FJ? Sweet Truck Sir.

Wow! Nice truck. Any rust repair?

I talked to your wife about your 40 while you were golfing, A couple weekends ago at Legends in SVille. I live in Hamilton. I wish I could have spent some more time looking at it, Its a head turner for sure. She said you were wanting to sell it for an FJ? Sweet Truck Sir.
Thanks, yes I guess I'm getting old and its a little hard to get in and out of my 40, I also thing I need a/c too. I guess I shouldn't have lifted it and put big tires on it.

Thanks, yes I guess I'm getting old and its a little hard to get in and out of my 40, I also thing I need a/c too. I guess I shouldn't have lifted it and put big tires on it.
Nah man. I think its awesome. Its a little nicer and more expensive than what I need/want, or I would be all over it. Good Luck selling it.

great rig great price reminds me of my 77. everything sounds the same as mine! the doors , the hood, even the flowmaster!
good luck with sale bud .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom