FJ Cruiser Snorkel - It is available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I asked ARB about getting a snorkel with the pre-filter on top instead of that stupid ram air looking top. They said "you don't need it, it's more or less for really dusty conditions". That wasn't what I wanted to hear. What I wanted to hear was - "We can set that up for you, no problem".

I'd like to have a Safari Snorkel with the pre-cleaner on the top, and provision to run vent tubes into it from the diffs and transmission etc........ Corey maybe it could be suggested to the ARB guys?

LC4L,

Here is the pre-cleaner.
thumb_Safariprecleaner.jpg

It is available through Sierra Expeditions at http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=406

I opted for the Toyota Prado pre-cleaner that is now available through Toyota dealers as an option on the "08's with the off-road package. It costs a little less than the one above, has free shipping throught thedealership and does not look as goofy (unless you into that sort of thing).

Good luck,

-Ben

Last edited:
That link takes you to the 10" precleaner and it is pretty expensive. The guys at ARB said to use the 7" precleaner for the FJ Snorkel. 4by4connection.com has them for only $55.95. Here is the link:

http://www.4by4connection.com/toyota2.html

Someone said that you have to use a coupler to put it on the snorkel because the tubes are the same size.

So you guys that have yours on....How do you like it? Good fit and finish? Nice and solid?

I think I am going for my lift kit first, then the snorkel..... I need more lift :D

That link takes you to the 10" precleaner and it is pretty expensive. The guys at ARB said to use the 7" precleaner for the FJ Snorkel. 4by4connection.com has them for only $55.95. Here is the link:

http://www.4by4connection.com/toyota2.html

Someone said that you have to use a coupler to put it on the snorkel because the tubes are the same size.

So you guys that have yours on....How do you like it? Good fit and finish? Nice and solid?
The snorkel is indeed a professional fit, and the finish is top notch.

The 7" pre cleaner will clear the top, but indeed the tubes are the same size.
We sat a 7" pre cleaner on top of mine.
One would have to make an adapter of bigger material, then slip both ends over the top of the snorkel and the bottom of the pre cleaner tube.

It should not raise it any higher if done right, and a few clamps painted black would look good.

The top clamp used to hold the head on is black, while the two inside the fender area stainless color since they are not out where you can see them.

Hey where did you get those sand ladders on your roof rack?

I got them from a landrover aftermarket parts place in Santa Clarita. But there are plenty of places that have them (with aluminium versions being more expensive than steel, and bridging ladders being more expensive and heavier than just sand ladders). e.g.:

I found this place by googling "sand ladders" and they look pretty similar to the ones I have.

I'm looking forward to actually using them. I should just go out on a test recovery trip some time...

Well....

I got mine put on. Here are some pics. My camera ran out of battery so the pics are low quality form a camcorder.....sorry.

-Ben

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom