FJ Cruiser Snorkel - It is available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just saw the price on the Freezer/Fridge.....

GAGGING...... $700

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

After 4 days crossing the Mojave Desert, the guys were real happy I had IceCream for everyone! Priceless!!!
Same here on our Greenwater run last Saturday.

I put the ice cream out in the freezer early in the morning, had it running on deep freeze during the night.

27.jpg

The biggest problems I had were the unwanted attention and the problems I had after using the snorkel.

I had plenty of electronics that had problems after going in water I wouldn't have gone into without the snorkel.

If you get into to water deep enough to need a snorkel in the midwest, chances are very good you'll get stuck in the bottom muck.

The thing is a moron magnet. You'll never get gas, groceries or anything without having people want to talk to you about your exhaust sticking out of your hood.

What made the snorkel the worst? looks? Wife did not like it? Never used?

I think quote #2 is answered by quote #1 :)

After 4 days crossing the Mojave Desert, the guys were real happy I had IceCream for everyone! Priceless!!!

Of course the benefits are GREAT, but man that is expensive. I figured about $250 - $300...... I'm going to get one, but it's going to be a WHILE.

:eek:

Guys whenever the snorkel does come out, I did notice there is a HOLE in the plastic housing which you install the air filter into. There is no reason for that hole to be there that I can see. How ridiculous. Anyway, I suggest a small bolt and nut with rubber washers and silicon maybe to seal it up.

Guys whenever the snorkel does come out, I did notice there is a HOLE in the plastic housing which you install the air filter into. There is no reason for that hole to be there that I can see. How ridiculous. Anyway, I suggest a small bolt and nut with rubber washers and silicon maybe to seal it up.

that is a drain hole. altho i notice it usually sprayed junk in, not out... however, for obvious reasons, i never plugged it.

The first batch of 80 arrived at ARB headquarters in Renton, WA. yesterday.
A lot of them are pre sold to group buys, but not all.

Some are going to Tora Motorsports, Toyota Of Dalles, and Man-A-Fre.

If you want one, call them up and see if there are any unspoken for.

I got my snorkel on October the 17th, and it was installed yesterday.
Here are some pictures.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=2741379#post2741379

Buy a bag of the clips from your dealer that hold on the inner palstic fender liner, as they break easy.
I would pick up 10 to be safe.
And get an interior panel removal tool that slips over those clips.
This way you stand a chance to save some of the clips when removing them.

Part number for the clips you need from Toyota is:
90189-A0002

Last edited:
Very nice! I can't wait till mine gets here. I ordered mine through Fat Bob's Garage. I'm not sure if they are getting any from the first shipment, but I'm guessing it won't be long regardless. Do you mind my asking what the install cost you? I want to know what to expect when I take it in.

MAF getting snorkels next week!

So excited - lacking Corey's geographical advantage, I'm having to await shipping :) . My truck is sitting patiently on the MAF back parking lot, waiting for the package to arrive.

Apparently Man-A-Fre have a bunch of these coming, and they have one of the cheapest online prices I've seen ($370). FYI.

I talked to the guy at fat bob's garage and they said they are scheduled to be released for shipping Monday! I am really excited. Their distributor is getting some from the first shipment and I'm one of the first on the list for direct shipping. I'm thinking it should be here by this friday if they do indeed ship on monday. By the way, They are only $345 at Fat Bob's.

Very nice! I can't wait till mine gets here. I ordered mine through Fat Bob's Garage. I'm not sure if they are getting any from the first shipment, but I'm guessing it won't be long regardless. Do you mind my asking what the install cost you? I want to know what to expect when I take it in.
Thanks, sure is getting the rig looked at a lot, as there are only three FJs in the entire US with them.

Some look at it weird, they do not know what to make of it.

Price for installation will vary, but figure on 3 to 4+ hours of labor.
Maybe less.
I could have done this myself with some help and a warm garage if I had to.
So excited - lacking Corey's geographical advantage, I'm having to await shipping :) . My truck is sitting patiently on the MAF back parking lot, waiting for the package to arrive.

Apparently Man-A-Fre have a bunch of these coming, and they have one of the cheapest online prices I've seen ($370). FYI.
Hope they come in soon.
I know many are waiting on these.
There is a second shipment due to hist the shores of Seattle then ARBs dock in 2 to 3 weeks.

I talked to the guy at fat bob's garage and they said they are scheduled to be released for shipping Monday! I am really excited. Their distributor is getting some from the first shipment and I'm one of the first on the list for direct shipping. I'm thinking it should be here by this friday if they do indeed ship on monday. By the way, They are only $345 at Fat Bob's.

Wow - keep seeing cheaper and cheaper places. MAF and fat bob's (that's this place, right?) are better than group buy prices I've seen...

MAF is also in the first shipment...

Yeah, that is the right place mlrfjc. Yeah, I'm amazed by the range of prices I find for various aftermarket parts. For example, I got my JBA headers from URD for a base price of 350 and about 100 for the ceramic coating. I have seen these same headers for almost 800 dollars base price and over a thousand with the ceramic. I really feel bad for the suckers who don't do there homework/research to find the best price.

Its hard to imagine that I will get more stares and questions than I already do. I guess that is the price for having such a wicked vehicle. :D

Thanks for the time estimate Corey. I really enjoy looking at your mod pages on your website. Did you make that rear storage drawer yourself? I really like it. I think i'm gonna build something similar pretty soon. I need more space to securely store all my tools and recovery gear. What are the dimensions for the width and depth of your box?

Prices are all over the place on the snorkel.

No, I had a carpenter at work back around spring of 2001 make that box for my 4Runner.

It ends up fitting in the FJ pretty good.

Thanks, I enjoy documenting all the stuff I do to the rig.
Hopefully this coming holiday I will get time to get my last two mods added to my site.

I always update the build thread on the forums first, then add it to my website at a later date.

Cool!

Hey where did you get those sand ladders on your roof rack?

I'm getting pissed with UPS. I have tracked it and it is about 30 miles away and tracking has it to me on Wed the 28th.

I wish there was a way I could drive down there and get it. I would put it on tomorrow if I wasn't saving the install for my clubs tech Day on the 2nd.

BTW I know someone that has 4 in stock and can be picked up early next week. PM me if interested.

-Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom