FJ 40 1 ton build questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm in the process of doing a ff Dana 60 swap along with a sm465 and 205. I need a little help with your thoughts on suspension, I don't really want to get into a 4 link at this point but I want to push the rear axle as far back as possible. What do you think about flipping the stock springs around (will be sprung over) and moving the shackle hanger as far rear as possible? I don't have the measurements in front of me but I would gain a several inches from the hanger and a several inches from flipping the springs around.

1. Will I get any flex out of the stock springs?
2. Are there any other springs that would flex better but still allow me to move the axle rearward?

Thanks for your help guys, ill probably have more questions later as this is my first build of this caliber

We just used FJ 60 rears, minus some of the leaves, on the rear of a 40 SOA. Worked nice. John

I used FJ55 rear springs, no leaves removed. moved mine back 4", lots of flex. those are getting a bit harder to find though. the 60 springs sounds like a good cheap idea too, but I don't know the measurements of those off the top. I do have several sets sitting around the yard though.

in this vid you can see the flex at about 10:54 into it.
Puerco run

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom