fix one,start another (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive been having some death wobble issues for a while and have finally traced it to the small ujoint at the ps box end of the the steering linkage. It has a noticable amount of slop in it. It might be worth a shot for you.

Ive been having some death wobble issues for a while and have finally traced it to the small ujoint at the ps box end of the the steering linkage. It has a noticable amount of slop in it. It might be worth a shot for you.

ooooooo, i'll check it out, thanx

well lets see,

changed two TRES' tonight (pitman to right arm) no change, they did seem a bit loose.
will change the other two when they come in wednesday.

BUT! check it out and i'll know more in tthe morning on the way to work.......looks,well it was, the nut for the pitman arm was backing off,don't know why but i got a good couple turns out of it. i'll check t/specs on it tomorrow and re-set it. :eek:

dought if the splines are messed up, haven't had issues.

jim

:frown: NO CHANGE

movin to the next item on the list :confused:

:D another update.

pulled the lock out hub to make sure everything was set, it was.
changed the TRE on the drivers side, this seems to be the side with alot of wear on the tire.
moved the front tire to the back and back to front. only on the drivers side.
then went andd drove it, getting better.
i'll change the last TRE tomorrow and swap tires on the pass side.

i can feel just a slight bit of play in the u-joint on the upper steering shaft, but i don't believe it could make whats happening that bad.

i'll re-align it tomorrow

chapter whatever coming up :D

2bads, it may very well be a tie rod issue with you but i couldnt feel any slop at all in my upper steering ujoint. I had to take the sheild off the bottom and grab the lower joint to feel the slop. My upper is totally tight, i imagine because it doesnt really work with any angle whereas the lower does.

2bads, it may very well be a tie rod issue with you but i couldnt feel any slop at all in my upper steering ujoint. I had to take the sheild off the bottom and grab the lower joint to feel the slop. My upper is totally tight, i imagine because it doesnt really work with any angle whereas the lower does.

my lower seemed fine, maybe it was replaced before, maybe not.

i'm almost positive that the upper was the one i could feel, i could be wrong.

so how is a tapperd/cupped tire gonna effect the rear axle? if any?
my tech buddy at work said it should'nt be a problem.

You sure its not that Dang road between Denver and Castle Rock?

;)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!

all TRES' are on, swapped all tires frt to rear
no shimmy no shake :D
i'll true it back on the alignment rack tomorrow.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom