First thing's first on my newly acquired FJ80 - Seat problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my FJ80 has arrived and I'm thrilled to begin the minor restoration to get it up to my liking. The first thing I have to do (so I can actually drive it!) is fix the driver's and passenger's front seats. Both have power slider issues and do not move forward nor backward. I can hear the driver's side motor spinning but only one side actually moves. Its evident that the plastic gears on the left side are stripped so the left side is going nowhere.

I haven't taken the time to search the forum for any possible solutions or replacement possibilities so I figured I'd ask. Kinda weary about buying a used replacement and ending up with the same issue and I'm willing to bet no new parts are available.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't taken the time to search the forum for any possible solutions or replacement possibilities so I figured I'd ask. Kinda weary about buying a used replacement and ending up with the same issue and I'm willing to bet no new parts are available.

you should do this...

i'll give you a search string "gamiviti gears"

Yep, 99% of 80 MUD members have probably purchased the gears from him.

However - I have found that a lot of the times, if you can find the plastic end cap and screw it back in, it will fix the problem. No new gears required.

I have found that a lot of the times, if you can find the plastic end cap and screw it back in, it will fix the problem. No new gears required.

No cap in site. Just picked this thing up this week so no telling how long that issue has been an issue. I'm optimistic about the fix though.

Well look what was hiding under the carpet when I pulled it out for cleaning. Unfortunately the gear is stripped out.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I bought and installed cap and gear on both sides. Seats still don't work. I'll probably ask @Trollhole to fix them, but I've got a long list of higher priority items at present.

Congratulations on your new Land Cruiser! Welcome to the site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom