First Meeting of 2018! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all and Happy New Year!

we're just about at that time where we assemble in a poorly lit parking lot to stand around and shoot the s*** before grabbing a cold beer and a tasty burger. also called the monthly meet.

I'm going to leave this meet in someone elses hands....(@Gsb15 ) for I'm away for work at the moment :moon:and am unsure when i'll be home this month. So Take the reigns Mr. VP I'm sure you'll do great!

What with it being the new year and all maybe we can start the process of figuring out dates for this years annual Expedition for those who need to get their Vacation Time in the books sooner rather than later

Cheers!:beer:
Lachlan

I can likely do Tues or We’d next week, either location.

Graham, I left the complete grill with the emblem with Paul, if he can remember to bring it
down. It should be well soaked in Moovit now. If you need the backing bracket as well take it.
I just didn't want to crack that 30 yr old plastic when it was dry. I know it was only 2 screws, but
better to be careful.

What with it being the new year and all maybe we can start the process of figuring out dates for this years annual Expedition for those who need to get their Vacation Time in the books sooner rather than later

Cheers!:beer:
Lachlan

They're probably going to start bugging me to pick mine soon...I'm working on Tuesday, so I'm out for meeting, but it'd be good if you could get the ball rolling on dates sooner than later.

I'd like to make it out for at least a night or two one of these years, you know, as long as you can handle having someone along who's going to mock you for calling a 3 day road trip an expedition. :flipoff2:

They're probably going to start bugging me to pick mine soon...I'm working on Tuesday, so I'm out for meeting, but it'd be good if you could get the ball rolling on dates sooner than later.

I'd like to make it out for at least a night or two one of these years, you know, as long as you can handle having someone along who's going to mock you for calling a 3 day road trip an expedition. :flipoff2:

"Roger that!"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Been to the Round Up a few times, great wheeling and really nice people.. George and his crew load up their buggys and drive from Stockton to Texas..every year for something like 12 years.Marlin often shows up, I hung out with him over ten years ago, super duper nice guy.

Might head to Tofino for a couple dives on Tuesday, but if the weather is blowing 40 to 50, I will not be heading out and might catch you guys..

Can't do it. Maybe someday America will be a place I visit again, but right now, that country needs to get its s*** together.
Yup, easy to step into a 's***hole' here. But all the people I've met down here through the forum are good people.
I'm meeting a local here tomorrow in San Antonio to peruse his FJ73. Should be cool. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Yup, easy to step into a 's***hole' here. But all the people I've met down here through the forum are good people.
I'm meeting a local here tomorrow in San Antonio to peruse his FJ73. Should be cool. I'll be sure to post some pics.
For sure, the vast majority I've met are good people, probably because of the circles we run in.

I'd just as soon wait it out.

Either it'll solve itself ( and be something to behold while it happens) or it'll be the handmaid's tale.

that would be a fun trip! I'll be all out of vacation time until April unfortunately. looks like it'll be a 2019 event for me!

Looks like I’m out for tomorrow’s meet. Sprung a leak in my lower road hose (sitting in my shop just after oil change I did my routine circle check for leaks while getting the oil into the new filter and saw the pinhole stream of coolant exiting the hose...nice when it happens inside the shop and not down a dirt road somewhere!). Getting a hose kit from Diesel Cruiserman today, and a trans cooler tomorrow, so I’ll be wrenching tomorrow night to get it all done.

Won't be able to make the meet lads. Already double booked that night. Next time hopefully. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom