First brake pedal stroke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cboyd, do yourself and your family a favor. Invest in a new aftermarket MC if you don't want to buy an original one. I know they're less than 200 if you visit any website that sells aftermarket parts. avoid the rebuilding yourself route. Please. then let us know what the results are. good luck. :)

Trust me, I'm spending a lot more than 200 on an OEM accumulator/motor from the dealer. That wasn't the debate. The debate was whether to push them to do the MC piston and seals while they had the system apart. That's only $55 in parts and an hour of labor while they're in there. They just weren't convinced. Because if data gleaned and shared on MUD, Now they are.

I'm spending the money precisely because I carry my wife and kids in the rig off-road in far away places :)

Yes, from the thread you can see I had a complete accumulator failure. When the dealer went to change it, they couldn't separate the MC from the accumulator motor. So I had to do the whole lot. The system was excellent after that.

Have to say after about a year, though, the soft first push has returned to a lesser degree. So, I think it is something else. Maybe they didn't really do the plunger? Some other evidence says it might be something to do with the pedal throw adjustment. That would make some sense if the aduster has moved. I'm playing with it a bit over time to see if it makes a difference.

That said, I've just started systematically replacing and updating the rest of the system as I get a chance. I just had all new Slee SS braided lines installed in place of the soft lines. I was planning to replace the rear calipers, but they seeemed fine and just lubed the slides. Next chance I get they are out though... likely when I redo the parking brake pads which are getting low.

So, with lack of direct evidence of the plunger being replaced, I might get back to that at some point...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom