Firestone MT2’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m replacing the tires on my ’06 Landcruiser. I’m trying to decide between the Firestone MT’s , BFG Mud Terrains , and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I was happy with the last set of BFG’s and a friend of mine has been super satisfied with the Firestones. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

No experience with the firestone MT2’s but I’ve had the original firestone MT’s (285/75/16) on my rig for around 4 years and 40k miles. Regular 5 tire rotation and they still have plenty of tread left.

I have the original mts and they have been very good in everything except packed snow and ice but they are studable so there is that. if your seeing snow and ice I would consider something else but the mt 2 do have more sipping than the originals

I had a bad experience with Firestones (road tire) , but I just installed a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Only 3 weeks on them around town (10 ply) on my 07' Taco
They are much quitter and a softer ride that the Fierce Attitudes that were on there. I'm very happy, but I haven't gotten out and really tested them.

I’ve run the original Firestone MTs twice now. They actually handle really well on road and are not too noisy. My only criticism is that they are load E tires so they can be a little firm in the bumps. After about 30,000 miles they are still in great shape and have tons of tread left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom