Finally pulled the trigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I spent enough time posting here talking about buying a 200 series and final did it. Bought a 2018 with 50k miles from AZ. Truck is incredibly clean underneath and interior pretty clean overall with a few minor scuff here and there.

IMG_3533.jpeg

Traded in my F150 and sold my GX460 last week in preparation to do this!

This well be my tow and offroad rig. My truck towed well but was huge offroad and my GX offroaded well but didnt tow great.

I love my Toyota 200 series, yet a Lexus 200 series with CBI bumper has grown on me. Your grey paint would combine great. Lots of potential. Congrats!

1707440193486.png

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the fold.

I love my Toyota 200 series, yet a Lexus 200 with CBI bumper has grown on me. Your grey paint would combine great. Lots of potential. Congrats!

View attachment 3553683

I plan on ordering one asap. Im not sure how long the stock bumper would last even just on some of the forest service roads here.

2 for 1. Well done.

My wife and I both work from home and barely need two cars. We bought a Chevy Bolt in October as a daily “beater” and so the F150 and GX were just sitting in the garage for weeks at a time. There was no sense in having and paying for 3 cars.

Congrats and welcome to the fold.

Thanks!

Let us know how she performs on your trip. And of course, we need pics.

I wouldn't sweat trying to fit an aux cooler at least until you have some experience and data. The cooling system on the LCs have always been robust and I trust the 2018s would be no exception, and only improved. They do retain the same large factory tranny aux cooler where the equivalent later model Tundras dropped having any coolers at all. My screenshots with high tranny temps are from me caning my car on huge hills and huge loads to find out where the boundaries are. I have yet to find the limits.

Believe roof rack is dropping the headliner on a 16+ LX570.

When you do, I would be ready to add dynamat or equivalent. With a Rhino Roof rack on my LC200 and self-made wind fairing reducing wind noise, further sound proofing the roof is one of my remaining steps. While the LX570 may have some more factory wise, adding dynamat will make it better.

By the way, did not mention this on the forum yet, I have added Dynamat on the floor, doors, rear fenders, front fenders, changed the side windows to laminated ones from the LX570 and added rubber door seals between rear and front doors. While not a ground breaking improvements on a 2021 LC200 which was pretty quiet "out of the box", it has dropped sound levels further.

A few picks of the mods.

1707447259994.png

1707447374567.png

LX570 Laminated driver and passenger side via ebay for ~$160 each. Chinese made but perfect like for like fit and no issue sofar. Kept the Toyota labelled windows for now just in case but do not think I will look back on this mod.

Also note the 2015 era 570 rubber door seals on the rear doors closing the gap with the front doors, keeping things clean in the process.

1707447494725.png

Last edited:
Believe roof rack is dropping the headliner on a 16+ LX570.

When you do, I would be ready to add dynamat or equivalent. With a Rhino Roof rack in my LC200 and self-made wind fairing reducing wind noise, further sound proofing the roof is one of my remaining steps. While the LX570 may have some more factory wise, adding dynamat will make it better.

By the way, did not mention this on the forum yet, I have added Dynamat on the floor, doors, rear fenders, front fenders, changed the side windows to laminated ones from the LX570 and added rubber door seals between rear and front doors. While not a ground breaking improvement on a 2021 LC200 which was pretty good "out of the box", it has dropped sound levels further.

A few picks of the mods.

View attachment 3553756

View attachment 3553758

LX570 Laminated driver and passenger side via ebay for ~$160 each. Chinese made but perfect like for like fit and no issue sofar. Kept the Toyota labelled windows for now just in case but do not think I will look back on this mod.

Also note the 2015 era 570 rubber door seals on the rear doors closing the gap with the front doors, keeping things clean in the process.

View attachment 3553759

First I've heard of retrofitting acoustic glass to the LC. Nicely done.

First I've heard of retrofitting acoustic glass to the LC. Nicely done.
You all made me consider following threads on sound deadening :)

One is BSG and other is CSG made. Both big Chinese glass and car glass manufacturers, but relatively affordable at $160 each purchased via ebay. I guess many LX570 owners insist on OEM Japanese so they were sold very affordable here in the US. Looks well made and changing was an easy job. Afterall iphones and ipads are made in China, so it all depends and side windows are in the end a basic product.

The FSM pdf's certainly helped. Trick is to remove the loud speaker and drop the window 80% down so you have access to the bolts. Hooked up the window switches to check proper functioning before re-attaching the inner door panels. About 3 hours at leisurely pace. Not a huge difference but all little bits help and with long planned ownership worth considering.

I noticed rear side windows are tempered on both 570 and 200, so no gain there, kept as is. I guess they become the escape route when you end up in deep water... Do need to redo some tints on the front side windows. Overall happy with the result!

One of the two bolts holding the window at the bottom:
1707448821153.png

You 90 degree tilt the old out and the new in and put the bolts back in
1707448895084.png

Temporary attached controls to check smooth operation. First time success with no need to adjust.
1707448949666.png

Last edited:
By the way, with the dynamat in the doors closing them sounds like the eighties Benzes. Even more tank like than before. Love it :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom