Finally Got Lifted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally lifted my 2018GX Premium. Now I need some beefy tires but afraid it might rub on the UCA. I'm thinking just to go with 265/70/18 A/T mounted on the OEM rims. Another option(more expensive)is to get 17x8.5 Method wheels with 285/70/17 but am afraid that I'll have to do a lot of fender/BMC to make them work. Any recommendations? I am not planning on doing extreme wheeling. I just want a functional rig. TIA.
Ironman FCP Front Coilovers.jpg

GX460 after Lift.jpg

Finally lifted my 2018GX Premium. Now I need some beefy tires but afraid it might rub on the UCA. I'm thinking just to go with 265/70/18 A/T mounted on the OEM rims. Another option(more expensive)is to get 17x8.5 Method wheels with 285/70/17 but am afraid that I'll have to do a lot of fender/BMC to make them work. Any recommendations? I am not planning on doing extreme wheeling. I just want a functional rig. TIA.
Finally lifted my 2018GX Premium. Now I need some beefy tires but afraid it might rub on the UCA. I'm thinking just to go with 265/70/18 A/T mounted on the OEM rims. Another option(more expensive)is to get 17x8.5 Method wheels with 285/70/17 but am afraid that I'll have to do a lot of fender/BMC to make them work. Any recommendations? I am not planning on doing extreme wheeling. I just want a functional rig. TIA.View attachment 2703169

View attachment 2703170
I went with 275/65/18 tires on the stock rims and my lift uses the stock UCA like yours does. No rubbing on UCA, but had some rubbing on the front wheel well when reversing at full lock, specifically right corner of the little square rubber flap, or left corner on passenger side, see pic below. Just had to massage the plastic with a heat gun to give me enough clearance.

3C0C73F4-B2C3-42AC-B043-1EB5DA315F13.jpeg

I went with 275/65/18 tires on the stock rims and my lift uses the stock UCA like yours does. No rubbing on UCA, but had some rubbing on the front wheel well when reversing at full lock, specifically right corner of the little square rubber flap, or left corner on passenger side, see pic below. Just had to massage the plastic with a heat gun to give me enough clearance.

View attachment 2703172
Thanks for the info. I'll be working on the fender wells today before I get my tires.

Thanks for the info. I'll be working on the fender wells today before I get my tires.
what size tire did you end up going with?

looks good! I imagine that my rubbing came mainly from the fact that the size tire I used was about 1/2" wider than stock. Your choice in tire is taller but same width.
Also, interesting to see difference in liner between the years. Mine has vents, yours looks solid.

Awesome!
Now go find some dirt!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom