Finally doing some Slee upgrading!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

beno said:
2. When not loaded down, the ride is rough with the tail end bouncing around.

I have that same problem and even loaded down it still wants to hop around on me. I am coming from a Taco that loved high speed and only lost traction when I wanted it to. I've gone fairly loaded down in the 80 and still have my gear hopping around in the back. I need to get to work on a rear bumper.

Truck looks good.

dmc

Last edited:
Thanks Dave...

Got a Kaymar OEM Rear Tire carrier and I thought that would be heavy enough...nope.

I had that plus about 300 pounds of other crap during my little excursion down South and it still rode a bit rough...though much better than just a dog in the rear.

Later.
-o-

...guess I may be glad I took Christo's recommendation and ordered Med/Med stuff for my not-yet-armored 80...

good info gang!

...guess I may be glad I took Christo's recommendation and ordered Med/Med stuff for my not-yet-armored 80...

The medium springs are the same spring rate, just a little shorter than the heavies.

Tools R Us said:
The medium springs are the same spring rate, just a little shorter than the heavies.

Only true for the fronts. Both are 220 lbf/in.

The medium rear springs are 220 lbf/in & the heavy rear springs are 250 lbf/in.

dmc said:
I have that same problem and even loaded down it still wants to hop around on me. I am coming from a Taco that loved high speed and only lost traction when I wanted it to. I've gone fairly loaded down in the 80 and still have my gear hopping around in the back. I need to get to work on a rear bumper.

Truck looks good.

dmc

You, of all people, should know that a Cruiser is NOT a Tacoma. And boy am I glad of that!

YOU COULD NOT PAY ME TO OWN A TACOMA, PERIOD.....What an abortion.

I, not knowing anything about Tacomas, ask what's bad about them?

Well, let's start with a thousand dollar steering rack with a non-serviced mounting bushing. Domestic build and content. Soft springs. Domestic build and content. Suspension vibrations. Domestic build and content, goofy front coil-over shocks. Domestic build and content. Vacuum shift front diff. Domestic build and content. IFS. Domestic build and content...............And so on.

so it wouldn't have anything to do with the Domestic build and content now would it dan?

Not even. We Americans can build a car with the worst of them...:flipoff2:

cruiserdan said:
Not even. We Americans can build a car with the worst of them...:flipoff2:

ROTFLMAO... at work none the less! People actually got up and looked in my office...

cruiserdan said:
You, of all people, should know that a Cruiser is NOT a Tacoma. And boy am I glad of that!

YOU COULD NOT PAY ME TO OWN A TACOMA, PERIOD.....What an abortion.

Oh believe me I know. Broken rear leaves, broken rear leaves and broken rear leaves. That being said my Tacoma was great at going fast on dirt. It just required chevy-like up-keep of all the components. However, have you spent any time in a late model Ranger or S-10(or whatever they're called now)? Those are truly awful vehicles. Honestly the biggest beef I had with my Taco was the horrendously uncomfortable seats. I solved that problem with the Saab seat upgrade.
dmc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom