SOLD (CO) 383 Stroker, NV4500, FJ40 4 Speed T-Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
As some of you may know, I just recently finished my 40, and I already am feeling like it is time for some changes, mainly in the suspension. I'm wanting to link the rear, but my driveline is too long to get any effective link system in there, so I am looking to change. My loss is your gain, I guess. I'm posting this as a feeler to see if anyone is interested in a drop-in driveline that is tested and known. You could even drive it before you decide you want it.

*** IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, COME DRIVE IT AT CRUISE MOAB 2022 ***

Toybox and Splitcase are SOLD!

EDIT: (SOLD!) I am willing to separate the Toybox and Split Case if someone wants it. It is a 10 Spline SM465 Toybox, I have the original 465 (also rebuilt by Georg) if you are interested in a complete drivetrain. I also have a GM Late NV4500 tailhousing and spud shaft to adapt to the 465 Toybox mounting plate. (SOLD!)

Edit 2: You can have the NV4500 to SBC bell housing, full centerforce clutch and hydraulics, the NV4500, and a 0 mile rebuilt single piece 40 transfer case as a complete, ready to install package. -$3200 OBO

Edit 3: Engine and everything to run it - $6500 OBO

Anyways, specs. Everything has been 100% professionally rebuilt, I have all receipts in hand. The engine has been dyno tested, and I have complete specs on it. I currently have ~1500 miles on everything. You are getting a basically new drivetrain.

What you get:

Engine : SBC 383 Stroker.
-Sealed Power Pistons ( Don't remember how much it was bored over)
-Clevite Main Bearings
-Durabond cam bearings
-NEW Melling HD oil pump
-Comp Cam and lifters (I'll add photo of cam card)
-Scat Cast Stroker Crank
-ARP Intake and Head Studs
-New Cast Aftermarket Vortec (062 spec) heads.
-NGK Plugs
- Proform Valve Covers
-Dual Plane Intake
-Holley Sniper 4150 EFI
-Holley Hyperspark Ignition and Distributor
-New High Output Alternator, Starter, A/C Compressor, Water Pump, Power Steering Pump.
-180 Degree Thermostat.

This engine dyno tested at 400 HP & 450 TQ at 7,000 feet in elevation. It was built for torque, and the torque curve is really great from idle.

Transmission: 1999 GM K2500 NV4500 (5.61 first, synchronized)
-New 3rd gear
-New 5th gear
-Complete rebuild, all bearings, synchros, etc.
-Have ONLY run AMSOIL 75W-90 Synthetic gear oil in this case.
-OEM Shifter

Doubler : Marlin Toybox (# 009 or 600) 2.2:1
-Rebuilt by Georg @ Valley Hybrids.
-Marlin Shifter

Transfer Case: 34MM Idler Split Case (2.3: 1)
-Rebuilt by Georg @ Valley Hybrids.
-Georg Twinstick Shifters

Centerforce clutch, with new OEM FJ40 Slave Cylinder

AA Jeep Conversion Long-Tube headers

New Severe duty fan and fan clutch (installed ~500 miles ago)

I have over 18K (With receipts) invested into this setup. I'm willing to negotiate, so if you are interested, let's talk! As an added bonus, you get an amazing crawl ratio out of this; I'm currently at 156:1.

20201221_144601.jpg

20210304_202521.jpg

20201221_145522.jpg

20211213_114008.jpg

20210109_173125.jpg

20201217_125536.jpg

20210104_163022.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup! If you ever decide to part it out. I have first dibs on the Marlin doubler!

Ha! Everyone wants the doubler. I hope it doesn't come down to that, but you got it.

Reactions: MES
I don’t know. After seeing it rip though a campground at idle it might be too much for me

Remember that @DangerNoodle ? 🤣

LMAO.

Thats a good one.

Randy got a very stern talking to for that one. But it does haul the cruiser around very nicley in 4th. At an idle.

DJ. Love your build. GLWS. If I wasn’t in the middle of my build I would take it off your hands. On second thought Maybe I will and just buggy mine. I will reach out to you. P.

Bump. Willing to separate toybox and split case, I'm looking at going to a Hero 3-speed transfer case. May be a while before I get it out, though. I wanna go to Cruise Moab.

bump.

Bump.

bump

bump

Bump

Bump, Toybox currently has an offer, but I also have the NV and 383 left. I have a 34MM single-piece transfer case that will mate right up to the NV, so you could have an SBC to NV bell housing, rebuilt NV4500, and a 0 mile 34MM single-piece transfer case. PM me an offer if you are interested.

Bump. Lets make a deal!

Bump

bump

bump

Well I just don't want any excuses on why you couldn't make it to #6. Plus as a man, I do love seeing the TTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom