February 17th, 2018 Trail Ride - The Gulches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saturday, February 17th is the monthly trail ride. This month's destination is The Gulches.

We can decide which one(s) we want to run on the day. Metberry, Longwater, or Hackett

www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/373-metberry-gulch

Meet between 8am and 8:30am at the Western convenience store on Hwy 24 in Crystola (south of WP)
The group will depart at approximately 8:30am.

FM Radio: 146.460
CB Radio: 4

Hope you can make it. Let us know!

Sounds like fun! Is this doable on a mostly stock 100 series? Center locker only and 33" All Terrain KO2's, but no front/rear lockers.

Also, are CB's/HAM required? I don't yet have my HAM license.

Sounds like fun! Is this doable on a mostly stock 100 series? Center locker only and 33" All Terrain KO2's, but no front/rear lockers.

Also, are CB's/HAM required? I don't yet have my HAM license.

CB/HAM not required just helpful. We can keep you in the middle :)

I think a mostly stock 100 could do these trails. Do you have bumpers/sliders? I know we have had 100's on these in the past...mostly stock. If the weather is as nice as it looks to be, you should be fine...just have to pick your lines.

CB/HAM not required just helpful. We can keep you in the middle :)

I think a mostly stock 100 could do these trails. Do you have bumpers/sliders? I know we have had 100's on these in the past...mostly stock. If the weather is as nice as it looks to be, you should be fine...just have to pick your lines.
Haha! Awesome. It turns out that I'm going to have to skip this one, but I am really eager to join you guys soon.

I have no sliders/bumpers yet. Sliders are ordered, and I do at least have a set of 50-channel FRS/GMRS two-way radios I've been using when going out with a couple friends. My 100 is an LX470 with AHC in good condition so it at least has more lift than a standard 100 Land Cruiser.

how are the trails with snow on them?

We did it in March 2016 with 8-10" of new snow when we hit the trailhead off of Cedar Mountain Road; by the time we got far into the Hackett Gulch trail, the snow was much less deep; down by the river there was only a trace so we had no issues on Chicken Scratch (big rock slab).

Pictures from March, 2016

Metberry Gulch 19 MAR 16 017.JPG

Metberry Gulch 19 MAR 16 042.JPG

Metberry Gulch 19 MAR 16 059.JPG

Should I wear my snow tires or my ATs? If there’s a lot of sharp rocks I should probably change over but if it’s fairly snow covered I might stick with the winter tires.

Should I wear my snow tires or my ATs? If there’s a lot of sharp rocks I should probably change over but if it’s fairly snow covered I might stick with the winter tires.
I would go with the AT's. Not sure how much snow is up there but don't expect a lot. There are some rocks and fine gravel so more aggressive tread would be better. IMO. If that is too much effort before Saturday, stay with the winter tires and we will make it work ;)

Saturday, February 17th is the monthly trail ride. This month's destination is The Gulches.

We can decide which one(s) we want to run on the day. Metberry, Longwater, or Hackett

www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/373-metberry-gulch

Meet between 8am and 8:30am at the Western convenience store on Hwy 24 in Crystola (south of WP)
The group will depart at approximately 8:30am.

FM Radio: 146.460
CB Radio: 4

Hope you can make it. Let us know!
I’ll be there...

Reactions: SAS
I should make it as well

Reactions: SAS
Looks like it's going to colder than a well diggers wienie...I have to think about this...

Anyone have an estimated time round trip the trail/route takes?

Probably return to the trailhead / Cedar Mountain Road by 1pm or 2pm depending upon how long a break we take for lunch, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom