Featured 100 - Morty (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Morty,
Great 100; I love it! That tent is massive. Do you find that you can sleep four comfortably in it? I also have two kids and have always loved the idea of the roof top tent but always dismissed them because they don't seem big enough for a family of four. However, after seeing yours, I'm going to have to look into this idea more.

Thanks for a great write up!
Cheers,
Greg

Great Truck set up - love it.
Can you elaborate on the Bilsteins. Which model number, size compared to the OME's. Are there pictures on Slee's site, not sure I saw any. After having Bilsteins on another rig, I would love to have them on my Cruiser when I get ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks,

Very nice, I hope to get there some day....I'm sure at some point in time I will see you around SLC!

Wow, great truck! Love the 18s. :cheers:

Amazing truck! I hope to get to that point someday!

wow what a list! that thing is so sick:eek:most of us have seen it on slee but its so cool to see all of your mods.
nice cruiser...

the new heineken kegs rock:beer: :cheers:

Morty,
Great 100; I love it! That tent is massive. Do you find that you can sleep four comfortably in it? I also have two kids and have always loved the idea of the roof top tent but always dismissed them because they don't seem big enough for a family of four. However, after seeing yours, I'm going to have to look into this idea more.

Thanks for a great write up!
Cheers,
Greg

Tent is great for two adults and two kids. A little tight for me with two adults and three kids, but still not bad. Would sleep three adults comfortably.

Great Truck set up - love it.
Can you elaborate on the Bilsteins. Which model number, size compared to the OME's. Are there pictures on Slee's site, not sure I saw any. After having Bilsteins on another rig, I would love to have them on my Cruiser when I get ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks,

I don't have too many details on the Bilsteins. I'm pretty sure Christo got them through ATS4X4. Maybe Christo or Darren can post more detail?

That truck looks great, if I was a kid that would be the coolest car ever

BTT...

Wow...super clean job on the stock switches. Nice rig, Morty. How is the white trim holding up?

Yes there are still Chickens roaming the streets in Key West.

Thanks. White trim is holding up perfectly -- much better than I thought it would. After almost four years it has held the paint very well and still looks basically new. Door dings have not chipped the paint off in pieces as I feared they might.

Yes, those chickens in Florida roam free and are crazy. This one pecked my 2 year old on the lip. He's 4 now and he still talks about when he was "kissed by a chicken."

Since the time of the original posts on this thread I have made a few additions. Most notably, I just installed Slee's middle and rear skid plates as well as his e-locker skid plate. Haven't had a chance yet of beating on them offroad, but I'll update as soon as I do. I've also ordered a set of upper control arms for the front from Carl and am contemplating Wild West or Slee lower control arms for the rear as my bushings are pretty worn and so it is a good time to make the conversion. I'll make my decision based on Schott's report of his install if he posts it.

Overall, the truck is great for my needs the way it is set up. I love the 33's with original gearing. I still have pretty decent power on the road and I don't feel like I'm maxing out the clearence. For offroad use I bought a set of 34x10.50-16 Super Swamper TSLs. They are a really great fit for the truck-they rub ever so slightly on the right front and on the inside left wheel well, but not enough to require me to trim or modify anything. They are, however, prone to serious damage offroad. The soft compound of the rubber on the tread is not the best fit for the heavy weight of this truck. I tore them up pretty good in Moab last month. I basically have them rebalanced after every major off road trip because I lose a lug (or 3 or 5) here and there if I spin them too much. I'd recommend them but only for somebody with a light right foot. And they suck on the road.

Mechanically, this truck has been solid. No drivetrain problems to speak of. Replaced some of the usual small stuff like starter contacts, but I've had no problems with the engine, trans, transfer case, or diffs. Rear e-locker indicator switch went out, but the locker was still working. Pretty good for 140K in my opinion. We are about to leave on a month long road trip of Route 66 from L.A. to Chicago and I have no hesitation about taking this vehicle.

For the future, I'd really like to get a nice short wave radio installed and a big inverter so I can run an electric blanket in the RTT. :)

Hey Anthony. I'll be in Chicago for a few days, not quite sure yet when or how long. Depends on how the rest of the trip goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom