Fat '40! Very "Hummerish" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
Here's a few snap shots of a '40 series that has been widened by about 6". I have seen this and I can attest that it is NOT a photoshop. This thing is really a wider than normal '40 series, all custom built. The first pic is a standard bib sitting in front of the wider one.

If this is of interest post up and I can find out prices.
fat40-4.jpeg
fat40-1.jpeg
fat40-2.jpeg

Here's a few more pictures to tantalize you! You can see where it has been widened at the extreme edges of the dash area.
fat40-3.jpeg
fat40-5.jpeg
fat40-6.jpeg

Last picture.

Also in progress is an ultra-short bed FJ45 pickup. It will be an FJ45 cab with a bed (either long bed style or short bed style) cut down to fit on an FJ40 series chassis. This is also all custom sheet metal.

I'll start a new thread once I have a few more pictures.
fat40-7.jpeg

Any more details on the build other than the body widening? It looks, to my mostly-newbie eye to be sitting on stock axles in the first couple of pics. Lots of room under the hood, any plan to slap something bigger in there?

I think it'll probably have '60 series axles and maybe spacers and fatter tires when all is said and done. I think the fenders are also wider because the laws where this is being fabbed require that the sheet metal cover the tires.

As for a bigger engine, I doubt it for this one though with the widening it would make an easy engine swap to a V8 or other wide engine.

looks nice!
Do you know why, if not engine swap, the reason for all the work to widen it? Seems like a great body to mount to a 80 series frame.

looks nice!
Do you know why, if not engine swap, the reason for all the work to widen it? Seems like a great body to mount to a 80 series frame.

Not sure why! How about "Why not?"

hehe, that's always a good reason! :)

I guess it makes for some good interior space too

thats some great metal work :)

very deceiving....it's soo clean...some people make it look easy...but...there are MANY MANY hours put into that already I bet :)

again GREAT work

I've seen and touched it personally and it's every bit as good as it looks! You'd swear it was factory if you didn't know better.

so that means there'll be at least two widened 40s...can't remember who owned this one.
widened 40.jpg

Very cool. I want to build a widened 45LV "woody" on a 100 series chassis compete with surfboard racks.

Do it man!

I love your 45 on 80 frame with yota v8.

Would you SAS the 100 series. what v8?

dying to see someone swap in the 5.7 V8 from new tundra or sequioa! or the new twin turbo diesel.

If you build it, keep us posted!

so that means there'll be at least two widened 40s...can't remember who owned this one.

got any better pics. that widened 40 looks awesome!

I would like to see more pics as well on the 40. My idea on a LV/100 would be low on 37s, keeping the IFS for ride, and keeping the 4.7 for reliability. More of a beach buggy. I have done plenty of measuring on a 5.7 and they will not fit easily into a 40 front end because they are so wide. It could be done in a widened body though...Ige, you need to remember who owns that grey 40. I would love to pic his brain on the widening as well.

I would like to see more pics as well on the 40. My idea on a LV/100 would be low on 37s, keeping the IFS for ride, and keeping the 4.7 for reliability. More of a beach buggy. I have done plenty of measuring on a 5.7 and they will not fit easily into a 40 front end because they are so wide. It could be done in a widened body though...Ige, you need to remember who owns that grey 40. I would love to pic his brain on the widening as well.

ooooh, now that will be another fun build.

You guys remember the LV built by I think TLC, kinda remember it being sectioned and widened?

ooooh, now that will be another fun build.

You guys remember the LV built by I think TLC, kinda remember it being sectioned and widened?

Yes, it was. I think it was Rob Millen's truck? Metallic grey or something? That was what I thought Ige had a picture of at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom