Farmall Model A Rebuild Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The vintage iron is even more special when there's a known family history included... I have a '42 9n Ford that my grand-pa bought new and still can do a good days work.......:)

those 9ns are great tractors, i have a buddy that still uses his dad's. his dad bought their farm back in the 50s and bought a used 9n to do the tractor work. lots of mowing and bailing hay. it still runs strong.

ok - i read woody's sticky on posting pics so i am going to try this irfanview out

tractor 3.jpg

edit: wooo-hooo - if all else fails read the directions
tractor 3.jpg

I bought my Super A when i was 13 for $200 from my grandfathers next door neighbor. he used it in his tobacco operation, got it stuck one day and ripped the front end off cracking the block. after sitting in his shed for 7 years he sold it to me thinking "good luck kid". we tore it down got a new block, rings, main bearings, carb rebuild ect ect. we had it restored before my 14th birthday took it to some shows. he asked me if i wanted to sell it back. theres no way ill ever sell it.

as far as parts i went to the local case/international dealer they had everything and if they did not have it they could order it and it was not too expensive.

just be careful tractor collecting is like 4 wheeling once u get one u have to get another:grinpimp:

on top of my 53 farmall super A i have a 1950 John Deere MT, 1941 John Deere B(parts) 1943 John Deere B, a 1973 Ford 3000(got it when my grandfather died)

I bought my Super A when i was 13 for $200 from my grandfathers next door neighbor. he used it in his tobacco operation, got it stuck one day and ripped the front end off cracking the block. after sitting in his shed for 7 years he sold it to me thinking "good luck kid". we tore it down got a new block, rings, main bearings, carb rebuild ect ect. we had it restored before my 14th birthday took it to some shows. he asked me if i wanted to sell it back. theres no way ill ever sell it.

as far as parts i went to the local case/international dealer they had everything and if they did not have it they could order it and it was not too expensive.

just be careful tractor collecting is like 4 wheeling once u get one u have to get another:grinpimp:

on top of my 53 farmall super A i have a 1950 John Deere MT, 1941 John Deere B(parts) 1943 John Deere B, a 1973 Ford 3000(got it when my grandfather died)

that's a nice collection -

i love tractors but i do not have the time to collect them, this one will probably stay un used until i can take it to a couple of shows. then it will be put to work.

if i buy any more tractors it will be for business, hay bailing most likely.

good to see a pow, va guy on here. i have a buddy that's on the fire dept. up there. (he might be on the chesterfield dept.)

that's a nice collection -

i love tractors but i do not have the time to collect them, this one will probably stay un used until i can take it to a couple of shows. then it will be put to work.

if i buy any more tractors it will be for business, hay bailing most likely.

good to see a pow, va guy on here. i have a buddy that's on the fire dept. up there. (he might be on the chesterfield dept.)

nicee, the super A has some pretty good power, i put a little short pipe on it just to annoy the guy next door. when you go down hill in first gear it shoots a little blue flame out.....just something to think about;)

that's great -

this tractor use to get water in it, through the exhaust pipe when it rained. when we'd crank it afterward it would just fire on one cylinder for a while, then go up to two cylinders firing.

almost sounded like a popping johnny.

that's great -

this tractor use to get water in it, through the exhaust pipe when it rained. when we'd crank it afterward it would just fire on one cylinder for a while, then go up to two cylinders firing.

almost sounded like a popping johnny.

thats what soup cans are for;)

nah it had the flapper thing on top, but it also had a crack in the exhaust. it was a little loud and allowed water to get in but nobody ever tried to fix it.

when you get it all done you might want to think about getting a belly mower for it depending on how much grass you have to cut......you would have the coolest lawnmower on the block:cool:

when you get it all done you might want to think about getting a belly mower for it depending on how much grass you have to cut......you would have the coolest lawnmower on the block:cool:

great minds think alike. the community i live in has one very large (probably 1.5 acres lot) behind my house that only gets mowed if i mow it. there is also the town right-of-ways, plus the empty city lots that currently do not get mowed.

i also thought my son could make some extra money by mowing and raking hay.

i started one of those albums and realized i had never updated this thread.

bringing my paw's tractor home

paws tractor.jpg
paws tractor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom