Fan through the radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let the :princess: drive the cruiser to work today and she calls when she gets there and says the AT light came on...My first thought is trans overheated, but in 30 degree weather? Umm. This is not gonna be good. So off I went to check it out. I pop the hood and find the fan with clutch attached sitting against the radiator. Great... Turns out the water pump shaft sheared off at the pump. So I had 2 belts off and now its time for a tow. I figure all the lights were on because alternator belt was off. More updates to come....

Back on the road, not the funnest project I have done with the Cruiser.:cheers:

Glad to hear all is well with your 80. What ended up being repaired and/or replaced?

Luckily it looked worse than I had originally thought. The fan did graze the radiator, but no leaks.:clap: All I did was replace the water pump. I would have gone OEM pump, but I needed the truck ASAP with the snow coming and couldn't wait a day or 2 for one, I found a aftermarket pump locally and seemed legit. We shall see how long this one holds up. I plan on replacing the all the belts here in a couple weeks.

Glad things are operational once agian. Keep us posted on how the aftermarket pump holds up.

Have fun with those belts!

Glad things are operational once agian. Keep us posted on how the aftermarket pump holds up.

Have fun with those belts!

Matter of fact the belts and the lower radiator hose were a pain in the a$$. Why isn't there a belt diagram under the hood? Or is my hood just missing one?

my 91 did the same thing

my rad was trashed though i took the water pump off and took it to a machine shop, had the studs drilled out , and bought new studs. 4 dollar fix minus the rad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom