Family Day Rip? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks. I'm hoping to get out on Family Day to do some exploring. I really haven't been out much at all and I really need to get to know my backyard a lot better!

I'd really like to check out that place with the murals (Jordan River???). But just want to get out and stretch the 74's legs a bit. Also hoping to have some or all of my 3 boys with me.

Anyone got a plan for Monday???

I'd join (and bring kids too), but my TLC is still off the road for TLC. So I'm out unfortunately....

Have fun!

You going down through Renfrew? What time you leaving your house?

Update: see you at 9 am.

Last edited:
Hey Paul, a few people headed out to Bamfield for couple days and did the loop back through Duncan, a few of the guys from Victoria are camping at tuck Lake (spelling?) Have a great day with the kids..

Rob

Just about to leave. I haven't been in to Tuck Lake since my ATV days, few years ago. Who all
went in there? Stupid me left the truck out, got to scrape windows now. Clear and cold here,
gonna be a good day.

Graham and his gang went out to Tuck, heard they were stuck in there behind a gate... The go around trail is pretty steep, but with your tires and a locker it should be not to bad.

We had a hoot at Jim and Daves new spot in Bamfield.. great location couple minutes from Pachena Bay.

We hit up the power station with the murals at Jordan Bay first, then up Fore Main to the first reservoir. Jonathan became a taxi for an injured motorbike rider but I'll let him tell that part of the story.

Tuck and Bamfield sound fun...closer to home and less of that bumpy Renfrew road!

Yeah, all the way down in 1st gear, 15 lbs of air, thank goodness - poor guy was breathing in gasps over every bump.
Rider just edged the road, and clipped a rock. Really experienced rider and
completely protected in armour. Still, a couple of broken bones after being seen at VGH Emergency. Glad to
be able to help; pay it forward. This road was a great place, and that road ALLIGATOR MAIN that comes off that tank trap
is worth another look. According to the gang that was riding, they haven't been down it in a couple of years and not
sure if that hidden lake can be accessed. Sounds like a challenge - a bring a chainsaw challenge!

I have a request, my new friend left his helmet in my truck. So anyone coming up tomorrow that would be willing
to mudship the helmet back to Victoria or better yet Sooke it would be considered a favour to me.

Thanks for the invite Paul, good trip. J
EDIT: I got the name mixed up so I corrected it - it's Alligator Main, not Ainsworth Main as I'd said. You'd think since I came back from looking at Alligators last week in Louisiana I'd get that right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom