Fall Gathering 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Last year I rode in comfort in the 45 and left Mike to defend the 25's reputation against all the wannabes. :) With Wilma the FJ35LV now sent off to the middle of nowhere to convalesce :frown: thought I might pull my 25 out for the trip.

Still sporting dirt from 2011, I found the wheel cylinders mostly frozen and my recent 2005 :rolleyes: brake job mostly toast. Pulled all the cylinders, scrounged some shoes off another axle and replaced the fluid with silicone this time. My grandson Chris is headed up with me so I set him to work being my mechanic.

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

Great news on the canvas top front, after a thorough soaking with Canvak the top does not leak (after leaving it out for two torrential downpours). This virtually assures that it won't rain :) ................................................ I scored a massive Eureka canvas tent on CL which I'm sure will leak. :rolleyes: At least Chris and I will be off the ground on king size beds.

00N0N_f2W2t8ZiOQN_600x450.jpg

Fox has those massive RK3's on his 25.............................I just had to come up some insane modification. :idea: Chris found a 10 spline "soft" locker in the parts bin. Let's see who twists an axle first. :lol:

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

Still waiting for this rust spot to grow from when I first bought the cruiser in 1994. I know you are getting tired of seeing this picture but it the worst rust I have on any cruiser.:hillbilly:

Possible chance of snow Thursday, probably getting to late in the year for rain here in AZ.:rolleyes: You guys back east have it so easy. I know there is a "Too poor to go to Sturgis" event during the summer at Mormon Lake which is close by. Maybe need to have a "Too poor to go to Fall Gathering" run.:rolleyes: If I had more lead time I might have tried for the 3onthetree run in CO. It's a little closer.

Have Fun at Fall Gathering.

PS: you might want to delete the brake repair picture, there are child labor laws.;p

rear sill and grand kids at the creek 056.jpg

Is this the soft locker I'm thinking of or did you find a Torsen?

One of those richmond things got it in the classifieds, was supposed to be a fine spline but was a coarse..............OK by me. :hillbilly:

As far as I'm concerned it's way more agressive than the lock-right I had in the other 25. Doesn't make noise but may as well be a spool for all the weird road manners. :crybaby: Torsen would be nice. ;)

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
I WANT TO GO !!!!

If you wander over this way plenty of room in the leaky tent. :bang:

I'm a newbie. ;) In the early 90's I had sworn / sold off everything cruiser, even Toyota related. Dang, where's those ramcharger and minivan pics...........? ;p

One of those richmond things got it in the classifieds, was supposed to be a fine spline but was a coarse..............OK by me. :hillbilly:

As far as I'm concerned it's way more agressive than the lock-right I had in the other 25. Doesn't make noise but may as well be a spool for all the weird road manners. :crybaby: Torsen would be nice. ;)

Richmond, that's a new one for me. Until I bought a 25 with Torsens I had never heard of those either. Guessing the Richmond is quieter because it's not allowing the non driven axle to rotate faster than the other axle. Curious if that is better or worse on icy roads? So are there any other locker/limited slip for the coarse spline axles I haven't heard of? I do know the Torsen is period correct for our 25s Patented in 1958.:D

With the huge canvas tent and other camping gear are you towing a trailer behind or are you towing the 25 there?

:hmm:Next year CO then FG after that. They are on the bucket list.:cheers:

next year, there may be a 3onthetree run in the colorado springs area. i'll keep you updated ;)

Would this be a second 3onthe tree run or different location? So if it's Oct. would you advise adding a heater? Running a after market Kayline top and looks like chances of getting a canvas top has just gone away again (unless I win the lottery and buy Badger). Bought a tow vehicle with a 5.7 have the car hauler. Just need to get the 25 setup. Torsen diffs, replace rear crossmember and get some stock seats covered.

Is there still a hard top 25 running trails in CO? Few years back I ended up getting the wheels off of it doing some trading.

Would this be a second 3onthe tree run or different location? So if it's Oct. would you advise adding a heater? Running a after market Kayline top and looks like chances of getting a canvas top has just gone away again (unless I win the lottery and buy Badger). Bought a tow vehicle with a 5.7 have the car hauler. Just need to get the 25 setup. Torsen diffs, replace rear crossmember and get some stock seats covered.

Is there still a hard top 25 running trails in CO? Few years back I ended up getting the wheels off of it doing some trading.

it would be a second annual...we're already talking about it and we haven't even done the first annual yet ;) heater would probably be good. we'll let you know how cold it is after saturday, since we don't have a heater in annie

i'm guessing on the hardtop 25, you're talking about rob meredith? he pops up every once in a while, but i haven't run into him on the trails in a long time. he did make it out to the rally last year, was good to see him again.

next year, there may be a 3onthetree run in the colorado springs area. i'll keep you updated ;)

:hmm: That's where my 25 came from.......road trip. :steer:

After a slow start finally made it. Only one roadside repair for my shifter which decided to allow two gears at once.

Sent from my issued piece of crap BlackBerry 9650

Crap phone.

tapaupload0.jpg

Slow

tapaupload0.jpg

Cool ... You don't have to keep it 25 for pics... We are holding down the fort :)

You got NOTHING to worry about... It is ALL under control :)

Say hi to all ... Randy, Junior, Tyke and the rest of the lot... Maybe one year I will go... This year Is not the year again:crybaby:

What is there but 25's?

tapaupload0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom